Are You More of a album or song person ?
Nov 4, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #31 of 46
Albums. Although I listen to single songs from time to time as well..

Nov 4, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #33 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by fzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm an album person too, whether via LP, PC, or PMP - the initials don't change my habit!

I am pleasantly surprised- I read this thread, assuming that almost everyone would say 'song', since that is how music is being marketed these days. Being somewhat cynical and curmudgeonly at 53, I think it is also a function of people having shortened attention spans, and much busier lives. I'd be curious about whether the song vs. album answers split along some specific demographic, like age.....

No offense intended, I just think this is interesting.

Happy listening!

Yeah, that would be interesting to see what the results are. Being 19, I'm the only one of my friends who still buys CD's and listens to all the songs on them, in order too.

Nov 4, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #34 of 46
100% grade-A album.

except when i get new kit. that's when i become too excited and want to hear how EVERYTHING sounds with my brand new toy, so i'll skip around a bit.

Nov 4, 2009 at 9:11 PM Post #35 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by fzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm an album person too, whether via LP, PC, or PMP - the initials don't change my habit!

I am pleasantly surprised- I read this thread, assuming that almost everyone would say 'song', since that is how music is being marketed these days. Being somewhat cynical and curmudgeonly at 53, I think it is also a function of people having shortened attention spans, and much busier lives. I'd be curious about whether the song vs. album answers split along some specific demographic, like age.....

No offense intended, I just think this is interesting.

Happy listening!

I'm 17, for reference. I am decidedly an album person (see earlier post). I couldn't tell you the last time I used any kind of shuffle.

Nov 4, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #36 of 46
I'm also 17, and I spend a lot of time with both methods, especially depending on genre.

Nov 4, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #37 of 46
Albums. I'm older - 57. But I figure the artists have a reason for putting the songs together in a package. Not that I haven't been known to skip a song or two if I'm not in the mood for it.

- Ed

Nov 5, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #40 of 46
Depends on my mood. I'd say roughly 80% of the time I will listen to a full album.

Nov 5, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #41 of 46
If I'm listening with my Ipod Classic and Zen Head amp, then it's always album. With my touch, though, I'll sometimes shuffle songs especially when I'm jogging/working out. For bands like Pink Floyd, The Beatles and other classic rock(my favorite genre), you pretty much have to listen to the entire album to get the full effect

Nov 5, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #43 of 46
I think I have a lot of time to listen to albums, simply because I study so much. I listen to tens of albums a day while I'm doing work/study/writing. I'm quite lucky that I have so much time to listen to music.

Nov 5, 2009 at 8:57 AM Post #44 of 46
I listen to whole albums, the only time listen to certain tracks is if it's not a real album but a 'best of' compilation and I'm trying to learn about a new artist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back