Are you getting/have you gotten the H1N1 flu vaccine?
Oct 28, 2009 at 5:08 AM Post #77 of 155
I'm a bit concerned about the mercury, but in the vaccine we have in Canada at least it's a very low amount - 5 ug of Thimerosal, much less than in a can of tuna. I know there is no evidence linking vaccines to autism, but there's still a bit of a knee-jerk response when someone tells me my kid is going to have an injection of mercury. Makes me want to see the data and do a power analysis.

Oct 28, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #78 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not necessarily. Getting sick can improve your defenses vs other things in the future, which is why the issue of excessive hygiene is a large problem: we aren't being exposed to various bacterium on a daily basis and thus we have poor defenses vs them.

What you are referring to is generally related to severe illness. The flu is not a severe illness.

Yes, it is true that getting sick builds antibodies etc. so I'll concede you that point and I absolutely agree with you on the hygiene issue. Also, yes, it is a problem related to more severe illnesses, but viruses are nothing to be scoffed at. I mean, a significant number of people have been dying after all.

Oct 28, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #79 of 155
I think I probably will, although I already had a flu just the other week. It was relatively mild so I assume that that was seasonal flu.

Have many schools in other areas been closed due to illness? Most schools around my area have taken up to two weeks off. My school in particular was closer to closing last year, but there are many students that have missed an entire week because of the flu. However, I have no idea if it is swine flu or not; most people just stay home and don't bother to find out.

Oct 29, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #81 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by HipHopScribe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's your source for that info?

Probably multiple links from Jeff Rense's website, and it's searchable.

Oct 29, 2009 at 9:57 AM Post #83 of 155
NO. I have enough poisons in my.

Oct 29, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #84 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread kills me. I have a couple of questions to ask:

1. Can one person here give me a valid (and not some conspiracy site) link to a study that connects most vaccines to severe reactions to warrant the kind of paranoia of vaccines I have seen here?

If not...

2. When a dose is available to you, why will you not take it? Are you scared? Are you paranoid about "The Man"? Have you thought for yourself on this issue, or are you just a follower of conspiracy theorists?

Since you asked in such a nice fashion
wink.gif

I choose not to take the vaccine because I have never once in my life had a major illness of any kind and have never once taken a vaccination beyond the age of 12. I don't take so much as an aspirin either and get nothing more than the occasional sniffle. If I don't need to take a medication or vaccination, I simply choose not to.

Everyone is personally responsible for themselves and has every right to choose what they wish to do. If people are so worried about the swine flu, they can protect themselves from irresponsible people such as myself.

That is thinking for yourself, not following the CDC and the media...

Oct 29, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #85 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since you asked in such a nice fashion
wink.gif

I choose not to take the vaccine because I have never once in my life had a major illness of any kind and have never once taken a vaccination beyond the age of 12. I don't take so much as an aspirin either and get nothing more than the occasional sniffle. If I don't need to take a medication or vaccination, I simply choose not to.

Everyone is personally responsible for themselves and has every right to choose what they wish to do. If people are so worried about the swine flu, they can protect themselves from irresponsible people such as myself.

That is thinking for yourself, not following the CDC and the media...

Bullly!!!

Oct 29, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #86 of 155
I am in agreement with eyeameye. I rarely get sick and I work with many people around me who tend to always be getting sick. Most of them take the flu shot every year. When I do feel something coming on I take a few drops of oil of oregano or boil up some ginger tea to deal with it rather than getting a shot with who knows what in it to alleviate of my responsibility to take care of myself.

I don't have any problem with the shot being available. I just feel the media hype is a bit ridiculous. The media and governments should concentrate their attention on educating people how to keep their immune system as strong as possible.

Oct 29, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #89 of 155
Agreed, the media is hyping it and it's a self-perpetuating feedback loop. Media says it's scary, people die, so more people head to the emergency room. The media reports that emergency rooms are more crowded from the virus so people think the flu is spreading fast which makes them more apt to go to the ER. And it goes on, and on, and on.

Also, we seem to hear about every single death from H1N1, but how often in previous years has the media reported deaths from the seasonal flu? I don't remember any such reports on the seasonal flu. People can't put the H1N1 deaths into any perspective because they have no reference point of how many people die from seasonal flu on a yearly basis. I'll bet that more people will still die from seasonal flu this year than H1N1.

Having said that I got both vaccinations yesterday. I work in a children's hospital so I feel it's my responsibility to make sure that I do as much as I can to keep both co-workers and the young patients safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back