Are you deaf?
Sep 20, 2007 at 11:37 AM Post #16 of 41
Ayeee!

I c unt w hore u, I have an heddfone in fuction......
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 20, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #20 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by no1likesme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are deaf...

hahah :p

nice hearing test
smily_headphones1.gif
i can hear quite easy the sound at 20.000hz...i think the test is not that PRO!

Sep 20, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #22 of 41
According to this test and with my configurations, I can't hear anything below 5kHz on my left ear at 80dB.

When I did a hearing test earlier this summer, I could hear tones both above and under the normal hearing spectrum.

Sep 20, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #23 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
According to this test and with my configurations, I can't hear anything below 5kHz on my left ear at 80dB.

When I did a hearing test earlier this summer, I could hear tones both above and under the normal hearing spectrum.

I can only go down to 10hz.
cool.gif

BTW, do you find the higher frequency, especially those around 20000hz, extremely uncomfortable and ear-piercing??

Sep 20, 2007 at 5:56 PM Post #24 of 41
After listening to 3 hours of music. I might try again later tonight.

Currently do not have closed headphones (Broken). Saving for D2000 ^^
Used the AD900

EarTest.jpg

Sep 20, 2007 at 6:02 PM Post #25 of 41
Using open headphones is NOT good idea. The fans of computer ruin the test completely. With my Proline 750 it was difficult due to not so perfect isolation.

Sep 20, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #26 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by FooTemps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm... I can get test tones and sound on the SPL calibration, but the Aural calibration comes out with no sound no matter how loud I play it.

um... my gray dots are almost all on the 0 db line... that's impossible to hear some of those frequencies at the threshold of hearing.

Maybe I'm an idiot and can't calibrate the program worth my life.

edit: or maybe my computer probably is generating 40db so I can't hear the sound coming from my headphones.

Scary. The setup is easy, no brainer. Rush to the doctor!!!

Sep 20, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #27 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Using open headphones is NOT good idea. The fans of computer ruin the test completely. With my Proline 750 it was difficult due to not so perfect isolation.

Not really sure how my graph reads and if the results are good or bad. Kinda wish there was an explanation to go with it. But seems results not bad.

Sep 20, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #28 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by afobisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im not getting any sound..

Quote:

Originally Posted by no1likesme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are deaf...

What?

Sep 20, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #29 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not really sure how my graph reads and if the results are good or bad. Kinda wish there was an explanation to go with it. But seems results not bad.

See those gray dots? That is a line where average human with good hearing usually hears each frequency. Human hearing is most sensitive in the midrange with slight dip in 10Khz, and bass and highs rolls off.

Closer to those dots your line goes, the more normal hearing you have. More lower each frequency you hear, more sensitive is your hearing in that frequency or more above of that line, less sensitive your hearing is (not to mention the possibility of not hearing the whole frequency at all) Of course, headphone coloration can also affect the test greatly, so headphones with as flat frequency curve as possible is preferable. With my Proline 750 I could hear 20Hz sweep WAY below of the average line! Thats how loud they are in the subbass regions.

Sep 20, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #30 of 41
i used se530's and understandably there was NO 20khz tone produced with 19khz barely noticeable but certainly heard on the average line.

20hz was also a no no,but all bass above 20hz rumbled away early. i had a very poor 7khz response in my ears

Users who are viewing this thread

Back