Are you deaf?
Sep 21, 2007 at 12:00 AM Post #31 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Scary. The setup is easy, no brainer. Rush to the doctor!!!

lol, all my check ups have been perfect ever since I could remember until recently. I think the fact that I have open cans and a laptop that output probably 30db is the problem. can't really hear at 0db if there is something pumping out 30db with open headphones.

Sep 21, 2007 at 1:43 AM Post #33 of 41
Interesting test, and depressing for me! I haven't had a hearing test in a long time. FYI I am ~95% deaf in my right ear as a result of spinal meningitis as a child. Looks like I'm missing a lot!

attachment.php

Sep 21, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #36 of 41
I scored below at 20-250Hz range, scored almost the same (nothing above) at 50Hz-14,000Hz, scored about 5 decibels above average on 16,000Hz, and scored below 18,000-20,000Hz. I don't know if it's good to score below the average but I am only entering 18. I am using MDR-7506 doing this with almost dead silent environment.

Sep 21, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #38 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by afobisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how did you callibrate it though.. i didn't hear any sounds during the callibration period.

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. If you can't understand it, you might have lost some frequency range on your eyes
cool.gif

Sep 21, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #39 of 41
maybe you should read what i wrote carefully? i hit the start button, but heard no callibration sounds..

he's also having the same problems..

Quote:

Originally Posted by FooTemps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm... I can get test tones and sound on the SPL calibration, but the Aural calibration comes out with no sound no matter how loud I play it.

um... my gray dots are almost all on the 0 db line... that's impossible to hear some of those frequencies at the threshold of hearing.

Maybe I'm an idiot and can't calibrate the program worth my life.

edit: or maybe my computer probably is generating 40db so I can't hear the sound coming from my headphones.

Sep 21, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #40 of 41
I say take this with a handful of salt (more than a grain but less than a lot) because as we all know all headphones reproduce sound frequencies differently. Some headphones are bass heavy and so on, but if you really are concerned that's why we have audiologists.

Sep 21, 2007 at 11:51 AM Post #41 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What?

Quote:

Originally Posted by afobisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no, you're blind.

You missed the inherent comedic value.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back