Are you a thread killer?
Jul 8, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #93 of 114
thread-killer extraordinare here to the rescue

(seriously though...I used to get the same feeling...WEIRD )
confused.gif

Jul 8, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #94 of 114
I remember a few years ago a pair of people who would deliberately smash threads, but they both got banned after going into the wrong threads. I know this is a fairly serious forum/hobby, but sometimes we need to enjoy the cheap humor that others put out, it is good for us once in a while. Who doesn't like a cheap laugh?

Jul 8, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #95 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's what she said.

STEGGY!!!

Jul 8, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #97 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickdawg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[/i]
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

I don't think that picture is doing any good in killing this thread...

I mean, you've used it twice now...

...and I'm still posting...

Nylan

Jul 8, 2008 at 6:20 PM Post #99 of 114
Some say a cucumber tastes better than a pickle...

Jul 8, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #101 of 114
Funny, I should come across this thread . It doesn't take long for most threads to turn into rambling free-for-alls that bear very little resemblance to the post starters intended subject. Do we have forum moderators over here ? A friendly remider from "The Man" to hi-jackers who start heading things toward the "Twilight Zone", that there are icons with the words New Thread in them , might help lessen the chaos. I often wonder if some posters are trying to avoid coming up with a title. I mean what's the big deal if you come up with a title that makes you look dopey, that's why you're using a username. Although, if you do write something really dopey the persons running this website send the rest of us your real name & address just for laughs. At last count I think there are about 40 or 50 of you that the rest of us know who you are
icon10.gif

Jul 9, 2008 at 12:31 AM Post #102 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Podtweaker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do we have forum moderators over here ? A friendly remider from "The Man" to hi-jackers who start heading things toward the "Twilight Zone", that there are icons with the words New Thread in them , might help lessen the chaos.

Are you kidding??? The moderators are the worst offenders!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #103 of 114
I've killed a few threads in my time.

Perhaps I can summon some of my thread killing ability in this case.

Otherwise, an effective approach might be like Grandpa Simpson's strike breaker method.

“We can’t bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell them stories that don’t go anywhere. Like that time I took the ferry over to Shelbyville; I needed a new heel for my shoe. So, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on them. ‘Give me five bees for a quarter,’ you’d say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have any white onions, because of the war; the only thing you can get was those big yellow ones.” - Grandpa Simpson

Jul 9, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #104 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've killed a few threads in my time.

Perhaps I can summon some of my thread killing ability in this case.

Otherwise, an effective approach might be like Grandpa Simpson's strike breaker method.

“We can’t bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell them stories that don’t go anywhere. Like that time I took the ferry over to Shelbyville; I needed a new heel for my shoe. So, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on them. ‘Give me five bees for a quarter,’ you’d say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have any white onions, because of the war; the only thing you can get was those big yellow ones.” - Grandpa Simpson

Classic
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back