Are you a thread killer?
Nov 29, 2007 at 3:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 114

nylan8301

1000+ Head-Fier
I've noticed that many of the threads I post onto here seem to die very quickly. I know this may be a bit conceited, but the thought always crosses my mind "Am I a thread killer?" Do I simply and stealthily destroy the thread with a simply suggestion? Or am I being avoided like the plague (perhaps because of my humble gear)?

I've just noticed that I'm often the last person to post on many threads...

So...are you, too, a thread killer?

(This is in fun...just something I thought about last night as many of my posts seem to be the last of dying threads).

Nylan

Nov 29, 2007 at 3:20 PM Post #2 of 114
Well practically everything I post on [H] seems to piss off the moderators over there. They love deleting posts and locking threads. Very counter-productive imo. And its for really stupid reasons. Like having an opinion that differers from the general populous.

I don't seem to have that problem over here though.

I think it depends on what you're thread topic is (assuming you started the thread). I have had some get ignored, and some that span dozens of pages. You never know, really.

Nov 29, 2007 at 3:25 PM Post #3 of 114
I know, I know. The ultimate tease would be if noone replied to this post. You would be your own threadkiller!
But that can't happen now I reacted.

edit:
somebody just reacted before me!

I'm no killer, a teaser maybe sometimes.
I too have the feeling I'm often ignored. But as you see, you are not this time.
Don't worry about your gear. It's all about enjoyment, Not electronics or mechanics. Don't ever forget that.
This forum made me buy cans I didn't like (DT 880) and an amp I don't need (Corda Move).
Although I must say there is some very helpful advice obtainable. You just have to learn the tastes and gear of the members. And never forget: a lot of people have a hard time admitting they spent their money completely wrong.

Nov 29, 2007 at 3:32 PM Post #4 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrillmetoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know, I know. The ultimate tease would be if noone replied to this post. You would be your own threadkiller!
But that can't happen now I reacted.

Actually...after I posted the thread...I was really hoping that would happen...then I could always link to it and say, "See! I am the ultimate thread assassin!"

Nov 29, 2007 at 3:36 PM Post #5 of 114
/thread
tongue.gif

Nov 29, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #7 of 114
No, I'm a threadjacker.

Nov 29, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #9 of 114
Nice avatar ericj, I've always wondered about the AKG dummy head.
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 29, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #10 of 114
You know, I had a friend - a very close friend - who was killed by a thread. Seems impossible, sure, but it's true. Thanks for the insensitivity. Ugh.

[EDIT] I just can't let this go. Reported to the mods.

Nov 29, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #11 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've noticed that many of the threads I post onto here seem to die very quickly. I know this may be a bit conceited, but the thought always crosses my mind "Am I a thread killer?" Do I simply and stealthily destroy the thread with a simply suggestion? Or am I being avoided like the plague (perhaps because of my humble gear).

I've just noticed that I'm often the last person to post on many threads...

So...are you, too, a thread killer?

(This is in fun...just something I thought about last night as many of my posts seem to be the last of dying threads).

Nylan

No Nylan, you aren't the only one.
eek.gif

Nov 29, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #12 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know, I had a friend - a very close friend - who was killed by a thread. Seems impossible, sure, but it's true. Thanks for the insensitivity. Ugh.

[EDIT] I just can't let this go. Reported to the mods.

People don't kill people, threads kill people.

...and I kill those threads...

Nov 29, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #14 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People don't kill people, threads kill people.

...and I kill those threads...

Haha. Then I must point out that if someone were to kill you, they'd be a killer thread killer's killer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back