Are you a musician?
Jul 25, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #48 of 68
double majoring in music

play piano for 13 years, flute for 8.. woot

Jul 25, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #49 of 68
I started learning keyboards when I was six. Played on the road for awhile, but nothing particularly noteworthy.

Jul 25, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #50 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by gates_2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
double majoring in music

play piano for 13 years, flute for 8.. woot

what school are you at and who are you studying with on the piano?

Jul 25, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #51 of 68
Have played trumpet for nine years, and have been really into synthesis for a couple years. I'll be going to Berklee College of Music in the fall and majoring in synthesis, with a possible double major in either film scoring or education (film scoring would give me a more balanced education for what I want to do, education is a perfect fallback in case I can't find a good job).

I can't wait.
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #52 of 68
I could not carry a tune in a bucket.

Laz

Jul 25, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #55 of 68
I've played guitar and keyboard for most of my life, but I'm sad to say the instruments are gathering dust for the last decade...

Jul 25, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #57 of 68
Bb Clarinet primary, also play bari sax, alto sax, and bass clarinet. Also, I've been learning pipe organ slowly for the past couple years (by myself) and very recently found a harmonica in my drawer and have made quick progress on that (as a blues harpist).

Jul 25, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #58 of 68
I'm a percussionist, although its marching season right now so all I play is snare drum. As you can tell by my avatar I'm a huge DCI fan (Go Blue Devils!), and I want to march drum corps when I get out of high school. I can't decide if I want to major in music, but I'm taking AP Music Theory this year so if I like that then I guess I will.

I don't think I ever would have noticed the differences in SQ if I hadn't spent hours listing to bands play, and then not hearing that on crappy headphones.

Jul 25, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #59 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trumpet major at NEC. I wish i studied economics so that i can afford more cans
tongue.gif

Impressive! I visited there when deciding where to audition. They wanted a modern peice though when no other schools did and I wasn't about to spend months learning one just for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back