Are Westone 3s on Ebay fake ?
Nov 26, 2009 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

RBYRER

100+ Head-Fier
Wanted to know if the Westone 3s that are sold on Ebay are fake or not , since I have been hearing about all the fake senns sold there . I saw some that were being sold for $315 , and I thought that was a good price , but comming from Ebay , I feel you can't be too sure without checking them out . Also , I email the sellar and asked him where he got them so I could check out to see if Westone would honor the warranty like he claimed . His reply was that he could not give me the name of the distributor because of the prices he was selling them for , but he told me that in the box was a URL no. that I could use online to register the Westones for the warranty . Not really sure what to think and I would like to know what you all think and your experiances with buying Westones on ebay so I could make a more informed decision . Thanks .

Nov 26, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #2 of 10
I bought some UM3X on ebay but the seller (I think they were called Tour Supply) is an authorized Westone dealer themselves. I think that would be a safe bet. You could ask the seller if they are an authorized dealer and if not, you are probably taking a chance in buying from them.

The authorized dealers are not supposed to offer them for less than a certain price, but they sometimes also have a listing where you can "Make an Offer" and then you can see if the authroized dealers will match the price you found.

Nov 26, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by RBYRER /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wanted to know if the Westone 3s that are sold on Ebay are fake or not , since I have been hearing about all the fake senns sold there . I saw some that were being sold for $315 , and I thought that was a good price , but comming from Ebay , I feel you can't be too sure without checking them out . Also , I email the sellar and asked him where he got them so I could check out to see if Westone would honor the warranty like he claimed . His reply was that he could not give me the name of the distributor because of the prices he was selling them for , but he told me that in the box was a URL no. that I could use online to register the Westones for the warranty . Not really sure what to think and I would like to know what you all think and your experiances with buying Westones on ebay so I could make a more informed decision . Thanks .

I've yet to hear of fake Westones. if it was an individual and they were used, then i'd say o.k. but if the seller can't help you with the warranty, then i'd have to weight up the pros and cons. the 'con' being, what of they do break?

Nov 26, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #5 of 10
Yeah, unless the brand is Shure, Bose, or Sennheiser (the three most commonly "faked" headphones/IEM brands I see out there) you should be safe when buying IEM's from ebay. I've yet to hear of any Westone, Klipsch, or Ultimate Ears fakes out there at all, and haven't heard of any AT fakes when it comes to IEM's (although their full-size headphones are often faked so I'd be wary anyway).

Jun 2, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #7 of 10
I dont buy anything from Hong Kong off eBay but YMMV, always been poor quality in my experience. Isn't Westone based in Colorado? seems questionable. Id say just paypal it from your bank account and if they're fake, get your money back through them.

Jun 3, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #9 of 10
Westone stands behind there products, just be sure to register it when you get it and tell them who you bought it from, and the date.  That will extend it another year.  If you don't drop it in water, and you coil your cords correctly, without kinking the line, you will not need use the warranty.  Amazon OK, Ebay OK, Earphone solutions the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back