Are these the right pair of ADDIEM to buy on ebay?
Jul 6, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #16 of 20
I never got any filter replacements either. Not sure why you would need them even. Funny you should post. I just went for a walk with mine hooked up to the 8GB Clip/T4 combo, and they sounded super sweet (bass boost on the T4). Again, I use the Sony hybrids, never cared much for OEM tips, but I can't imagine a better IEM at this price, or higher into the under $100 range. I recently went through some inexpensive IEMS (AL336, MF 200v, etc.) and those were priced similarly (with higher MSRPs than the ADDEMs) and sold them all. Kept the Apples. I think they are great, and when I switch to them from my Westone 3s, it doesn't bother me (please, I am not saying they are better. Just that they are fine sounding phones for cheap).

I think I have some mediums sitting around, if you want them. I don't use them. PM me and I will stick them in an envelope if you are CONUS.

Jul 6, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #17 of 20
hey tstarn, does the hybrid tips improve SQ vs the OEM tips? also, how much better do you think your W3's are? you ever consider selling them because the addiem's are almost as good for only $30?

Jul 6, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #18 of 20
Never selling the W3s, a gift from my wife. All I am saying is apart from the W3s, the ADDIEMs are good enough for me. I do think the hybrids are the best tip for me SQ and fit wise. I also like the Comply T130 large foamies.

Aug 3, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #19 of 20
Well, I'm having a rough time. Somebody stole my ADDIEMs w/ hybrid tips
frown.gif
So now I have to find a replacement...

I did notice that although they sound great, microphonics were quite present with these headphones. Plus, I don't know if I need isolation, so earbuds or clip-ons might work better for me.

Would switching to Koss KSC75s be a major downgrade in SQ? I just bit about $30, so the affordability is really tempting. I could also go for the Yuin G2A or PK3. How do those compare?

And lastly, would I notice a major improvement if I upgraded to some RE0s for $84? I normally wouldn't spend that much, but the price seems really good.

Aug 3, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would switching to Koss KSC75s be a major downgrade in SQ?

The KSC75 is more airy, less detailed, much more euphonic. I'd probably like my pair better than my ADDIEMs right now if they weren't broken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back