Are these the right pair of ADDIEM to buy on ebay?
Jun 30, 2009 at 10:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Foie

Head-Fier
Jun 30, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #2 of 20
Not with that seller, but they look ok to me.

Jun 30, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #3 of 20
No experience with that seller, but those look legit to me. Man, these just keep sinking in price. Last month the best price on ebay was $34.

Jun 30, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #4 of 20
Jun 30, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #5 of 20
Taken from this thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
got my set of counterfeit ADDIEM's in the mail today. got them for ~$3 shipped off ebay from a china/hong kong seller.

physical differences:
-remote module is missing the remote. lol, only has a mic on the back.
-no sliding y-joint piece.
-no text on the back of the plastic case.
-holes on the back of the headphones are smaller.
-no screw on metal filter, no filter at all.

sound:
muddy and veiled. i'm pretty sure these are dynamic, so i'm gonna leave them burning in for a few days.

Hope this helps.

IMO it's really hard to tell by the pictures. You might want to scout seller feedback for anyone reporting them as fake or genuine, though the trustworthiness of feedback is dubious as well.

I would have said that the second auction looks legit because the item is retail packaging, but I am disturbed by this:

"I have aquired these by accident and I don't want them. So I have a limited supply. I don't know what they are worth but I'm selling them as used as is."

...from a seller listing more than 10 available.

Jul 1, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #6 of 20
Also this might help as well:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
D*mn, that eBayer is trying to trick me with a pair of fake in a genuine box, so I am back in the market for another one of these. Not really care about the money but revenge sure is sweet. Time to ruining someone's reputation
very_evil_smiley.gif

So even a legit case is no guarantee the IEM's themselves are legit.

Jul 1, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #7 of 20
Yeah, I don't trust the last dude. The second ones I posted, by lovesuck, (these) seem pretty legit on the other hand. They are only $30, and the seller has tons of high quality pictures which he says are of the actual item. I checked his feedback, and of the ADDIEMs he sold, nobody said they were fake. Plus, one guy said they were genuine.

Is it safe to assume this one is the real deal?

Jul 1, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apple iPod In-Ear Headphones with remote and mic - eBay (item 160339449351 end time Jul-01-09 23:48:11 PDT)

There's the listing. Are these the same make/model as the popular ones here on head-fi and are they legit? The seller is 7dime by the way. Does anybody have any experience with this seller?

I bought 5 pair of these phones, 4 from onedollar28 and one from 7dime. They are legit. Wow, the prices are going down. I paid $39.99 with 7dime, $34.99 with onedollar28.

Jul 1, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #9 of 20
I checked the 3 buyers you linked to and to my satisfaction at least, the first two seem legit.

I'd buy them, but I already pre-ordered beta brainwavz so that will do for my IEM needs for now.

Jul 1, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #10 of 20
So I just bought a pair from lovesuck (2nd link) for $27.50 shipped (my first two offers of $21.50 and $25 were declined). I think that's a pretty good deal for these. I'll let you guys know what I think about them once I receive them. It shouldn't take long, because it's shipping from California to Oregon. Thanks for the help guys!

Jul 1, 2009 at 1:30 AM Post #11 of 20
Cool, let us know. For 27.50 I'll easily bite to see what the fuss is all about (won't wear an apple product outside though ><).

Jul 1, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I just bought a pair from lovesuck (2nd link) for $27.50 shipped (my first two offers of $21.50 and $25 were declined). I think that's a pretty good deal for these. I'll let you guys know what I think about them once I receive them. It shouldn't take long, because it's shipping from California to Oregon. Thanks for the help guys!

I guess it was worth it to save a few bucks rather than buy from an ebayer who is proven legit (7dime) and I hope you don't get ripped. But to me, I would rather not take the risk. Hope it works out, of course.

Jul 1, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #13 of 20
Yeah, comparing the three listings I linked to, the one I bought from *seems* most legitimate. If you check the auction, it has the most detailed pictures and best terms of replacement. Out of the 20 or so feedback responses for Apple in-ear he sold, nobody complained, and at least one person said they were genuine.

So I think my chances are pretty good, right? Could someone comment on the pictures?

Apple In Ear Headphones With Remote And Mic - eBay (item 200358151782 end time Jul-09-09 20:00:08 PDT)

Jul 1, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #14 of 20
Pretty hard to tell by pictures, especially since they are most likely of the real thing.

I guess theres only one way to find out. Relax, sit back, and enjoy the wait.

Jul 6, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #15 of 20
Well, I got them in the mail a couple of days ago (Friday I think). I received two large tip sets and no medium, so I'll have to contact the seller about that mishap. And they are missing the replacement mesh caps. (I don't think they were supposed to be included in the first place though. Did anyone else's come with them?)

Anyway, they sound great, so I definitely think they are legit. I compared mine to a set in the package at the mac store, and as far as I could tell, they were identical. Compared to my PL-30s, the sound quality is better. I also like the simple and small form factor. Overall, these are a great value for $27.50. Thanks for the help guys
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back