Are these the new Fiio e10?
Apr 13, 2012 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jamesino

100+ Head-Fier
I just ordered an Fiio E10 from Amazon yesterday and received it today. Mine looks like the one in this photo:

http://www.headphonebar.com/product_images/x/773/DSC09860__67624_zoom.JPG

But compared to the official Fiio page, where the highlight the changes in the new version of the E10:
http://www.fiio.com.cn/news/index.aspx?ID=146

Mine is almost like a hybrid between the old and new versions. The headphone symbol is on the left like the old one, but it has the Boost word written in the front; is mine the new or old version of the E10?

Lastly, how should I got about adjusting the sound setting? I am plugging the E10 into the USB port. Should I set the sound level on my computer to Max and use the external soundswitch on the E10 to adjust volume?

Apr 13, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #2 of 7
There are 3 different E10 versions out there. Mine looks just like yours, it's supposed to be from the 3rd batch with the improved headphone socket. I got mine from mp4nation and I especially requested the latest version when I ordered it. According to Fiio the 3rd batch was supposed to be shipped to agents in February. My E10 paper/pamphlet/user guide thingy has February time stamp in it, so I think it's safe to assume it really is from the 3rd batch.

I don't know if it matters that much from which batch the E10 is. The difference between 2nd and 3rd batch is the improved headphone socket and I have no issues with my socket, even if it would turn out to be from 2nd. 

EDIT: So it turns out that mine and yours are actually the revision 2. The rev 3 isn't released yet by fiio.

Apr 25, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #3 of 7
I'm not sure if i need to buy this amp/DAC. I have a pair of ATH M50's, and I use it on my Dell XPS desktop with a realtek soundcard, would their be enough improvement for it to be worth it?

Apr 25, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
I'm not sure if i need to buy this amp/DAC. I have a pair of ATH M50's, and I use it on my Dell XPS desktop with a realtek soundcard, would their be enough improvement for it to be worth it?

This thread would have been better for your question.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/575084/impression-fiio-e10

Check out the 2 bottom posts at the page 59 in that thread. I would also like to add that hearing is a tricky thing. It is highly subjective and can be influenced fairly easily, so your results might be different from mine and his.

Someone can be given water as medicine and because he thinks it is medicine he will actually get better. Same can be applied to hearing if you are expecting something to sound good it most likely will sound good.

Example of this; you are told to listen 2 amps (they are the exact same amp but you don't know this). Instead you are being told that the first one is 100$ amp and the second one costs 1500$, most likely you will hear a difference between the two and say that the second one sounded better, even though they are the same amp.

But then again if you think the sound is better (even though it isn't) it doesn't really matter, because it sounds better to you, so it has been worth the money.

Anyways long story short.. buy it from a place that allows returns free of charge, so you can return it if you don't like it.

Apr 27, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
I just ordered an Fiio E10 from Amazon yesterday and received it today. Mine looks like the one in this photo:

http://www.headphonebar.com/product_images/x/773/DSC09860__67624_zoom.JPG

But compared to the official Fiio page, where the highlight the changes in the new version of the E10:
http://www.fiio.com.cn/news/index.aspx?ID=146

Mine is almost like a hybrid between the old and new versions. The headphone symbol is on the left like the old one, but it has the Boost word written in the front; is mine the new or old version of the E10?

Lastly, how should I got about adjusting the sound setting? I am plugging the E10 into the USB port. Should I set the sound level on my computer to Max and use the external soundswitch on the E10 to adjust volume?

Sounds like I have the same one as you, headphone symbol on the left side and vertical BASS lettering beside switch. I don't have the gold plated 1/8" jack though. Oh well as long as the guts are all the same I don't really care.

Jun 3, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #6 of 7
Do you have any specific release info pertaining to that v3 e10? I'm about ready to drop for one, but would rather pick up the newest model if it's coming soon and similarly priced. 

Jun 3, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
Do you have any specific release info pertaining to that v3 e10? I'm about ready to drop for one, but would rather pick up the newest model if it's coming soon and similarly priced. 

I would e-mail Fiio and find out if the model out right now is indeed the newest one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back