Are These Fake WHITE ATH M-50s???
Jun 22, 2012 at 1:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

francis362

New Head-Fier
I just got these headphones a day ago from ebay and i noticed a few things after researching.

The stitching on the headband of mine was not close together and was clearly visible.

After seeing this, I wanted to make sure by opening them.

When i opened them up, i noticed that there wasnt a sticker saying 125B. 

The audio quality is pretty good, better than my beats.

Are these fake???

Headband im scared of:

No 125B Sticker:

No 125B Sticker:

Oct 17, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #2 of 2
I would like some info on this too, please.

I have just purchased ATH-M50 (Black, Coiled Cable) and ATH-M50s/LE (Silver 50th Anniversary, Straight Cable).

Circuit boards are grayish (like in pics above of white pair). I have opened up both pairs and neither have any "125B" stickers.

Neither came with Registration Cards (not purchased from an authorized dealer though) but 50th Anniversary pair DID come with the little congratulatory/thankyou envelope and card you're supposed to get.

So the two things I'm suspicious on is lack of Registration Cards and the lack of the 125b sticker which people are saying the real ones all have.

According to this site "some dont have a sticker some have the 125b inked right on the inside" but that is from the person selling them (not who I bought mine from though).

I'm not 100% sure what they mean by "inked" but I couldn't make out "125b" anywhere on mine, stickered or otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back