Are these a good choice for new IEMs?
Aug 5, 2014 at 5:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TikPandora

New Head-Fier
After the death of my VSonic GR04 Pros, I was left in a bit of an IEM panic.

I've tried a bunch of IEMs over the past few weeks, and my budget is quite limited. <$15

After trying a few pairs out of the JVC Xtreme Xplosives line that my friend has (and being rather unimpressed), I began to search online.  It was at this time that I came upon a pair of Sony XBA-1 IEMs.  I've always been curious about BA, and the price (Sony certified refurbished at 11.99 w/shipping) was something I just couldn't pass up.

I am thinking of getting these, but what is everyone else's opinions on them.  I just want balanced sound with good separation for the most part.

(Edit: I just realized I posted in the wrong forum, sorry about that.)

Aug 5, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #3 of 4
They're ok for that price but not too impressive. The treble and bass are completely rolled off so vocals are the most featured part of the spectrum. I prefer the SHE3590 to them by a decent margin but those aren't very balanced (obvious V shape). You could find Sony's MH1 for that price which has great SQ but also not very balanced and might be too bassy for you. I really like the LG Quadbeat and it's more of a neutral/balanced sound with really good soundstage and clarity for its price, but that's around 20 bucks and you may be firm at 15. Just some other options to consider. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back