Are there better IEMs than the ER4P for classical?
Mar 1, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #61 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't agree with you guys at all here,it is as if you were talking about another iem.KLS,there is a difference between height and depth,and I find all my iems to have at best mediacore height in soundstage.but with depth,the ie8,ck10 and fx500 have a very good depth and the soundstage is not wider than deeper.maybe it's a seal issue you had with the ie8,I don't really know.
Pianist:What do you mean by"cymbals crahses in a noisy place"?Actually cymbals on the ie8 are not"sharp" or crisp,they are a little bit muted so I don't know what you mean.Also the ir8 treble is the smoothest I have ever heard and I can't believe there is something smoother as you say eq-7(James can you elaborate here?).I would like to here different opinion in this matter.

I think you have got me wrong, or my previous post have you confused. I agree that IE8 does have a good depth, even better than CK10 in my opinion, but soundstage height seems to be a tad smaller (shorter) if compared to CK10.

Mar 1, 2010 at 4:56 PM Post #62 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you have got me wrong, or my previous post have you confused. I agree that IE8 does have a good depth, even better than CK10 in my opinion, but soundstage height seems to be a tad smaller (shorter) if compared to CK10.

++ IE8 does give a good sense of depth and excellent dynamics, but it is just not any bigger/more spacious sounding than other top-level universals IMO, once the seal is tight. In fact, I think that my RE0 which is known for a small soundstage has a more open sound and wider soundstage than IE8 because of its more airy, higher quality treble and superb instrument separation. Not to say that IE8 treble is bad - it's better than on any low end IEM in this regard and can stack up fine with most mid-level IEMs, but it just doesn't have the great treble quality that I expect from a high-end universal IEM.

Mar 1, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #63 of 69
i think that the ie8 treble is excellent and detailed and extends high as Honeyboy said,but yes i can understand that alot of people will not like the dark sound of the ie8,but this is the sennheiser house sound and my hd650 have the same sound sig. of ie8 but ofcourse not as veiled or dark or has this huge midbass hump like the ie8 so it is more clearer but still on the dark side.

Mar 1, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #64 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also the ir8 treble is the smoothest I have ever heard and I can't believe there is something smoother as you say eq-7(James can you elaborate here?).I would like to here different opinion in this matter.

I gave my e-Q7 on loan to dfkt today, so I'm unable to A/B right now. I like the treble on the IE8, it is very extended and not harsh to my ears. But I must add that I have good seal AND good soundstage with my IE8, so maybe there's some special ear/IEM synergy at work. Of course, compared to the CK10 or FX500 treble on the IE8 is also more laid-back, so it's somewhat easier to avoid harshness. Judging from recent memory, I don't think my e-Q7's treble differs much from the IE8's, maybe it's a bit less extended, but it didn't strike me as exceptionally smooth. Speaking of which, this trophy goes IMO to the CK100, for the smoothes highs I've ever heard.

Mar 1, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #65 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I gave my e-Q7 on loan to dfkt today, so I'm unable to A/B right now. I like the treble on the IE8, it is very extended and not harsh to my ears. But I must add that I have good seal AND good soundstage with my IE8, so maybe there's some special ear/IEM synergy at work. Of course, compared to the CK10 or FX500 treble on the IE8 is also more laid-back, so it's somewhat easier to avoid harshness. Judging from recent memory, I don't think my e-Q7's treble differs much from the IE8's, maybe it's a bit less extended, but it didn't strike me as exceptionally smooth. Speaking of which, this trophy goes IMO to the CK100, for the smoothes highs I've ever heard.

Yeah, e-Q7 treble is not exceptionally smooth. I think it just sounds more linear and a bit cleaner than IE8 treble. IE8 has a spike around 12 kHz or so to my ears, but I admit that this may be because I am not getting a proper fit with it.

Mar 2, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #66 of 69
Hehe, you guys sure got a good discussion going, it's some great insight for those who are interested in the IE8 and e-q7.

Anyway, I'm probably going to get the MTPC. But are there any new IEMs coming out soon that I might want to keep an eye out for?

Any last second recommendations from anyone?

Mar 3, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #67 of 69
Don't want to hijack the thread, but there are too many threads about "looking for IEMs..." and the TC has the same taste as me. Can someone recommend me in ears that have the same stuff that the OP wants but $100-150?

Mar 25, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #68 of 69
Hey, thought I should give this a bump. I ended up getting the Westone 2's, and I am very satisfied. So if there's anyone who's reading this thread, looking for the same things in an IEM that I was, go for those!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back