Are there any small music players with a USB digital out?
Nov 12, 2010 at 11:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jimmyz

100+ Head-Fier
I spoke with Jerry over at JH-Audio (who is a very nice guy BTW, and it's not common that a company CEO answers questions for a customer, so I really appreciate his help) about the JH-3A, and apparently, if I am not mistaken, it will have a mini USB input so it can be used as a DAC, and because my computer is not that portable (well, it's the new 11 inch MacBook Air, but it won't fit in my pocket), I was wondering if there are any music players that can send music out over USB like a Mac or PC can?

Thanks!

Nov 24, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #2 of 3
I highly doubt it considering how so few players even have a dedicated line out.  It might be possible to make something like a dock to mini usb connector instead of a dock to 3.5mm but I don't know.  I think it would be much much easier to just use standard 3.5mm line in/out and it shouldn't sound any worse.

Nov 24, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #3 of 3
Not that I would reccomend it (not the cleanest signal), but my old HTC Touch Pro used to be able to send out audio signal from the mini usb port. I havent tried it with my TP2, but I would think most phones today would be able to push audio through their usb ports.
Again, it may not be the cleanest sound...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back