Are there any IEMs I can safely buy from ebay?
Jun 14, 2010 at 7:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Viperx116

New Head-Fier
My Senn Cx300 died, and I know ebay is full of fakes for those? What about other IEMs? I'm eyeing the V-moda vibes and the prices seem too good to be true, but I haven't heard much fakes of that brand. Any opinions?

Jun 15, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #2 of 9
On eBay I tend to buy by warranty and feedback. If a seller is backing up the sale with reputation and cash, they have an incentive to avoid robbery.

So far this only got me one (promptly replaced) DOA, and no thieves.

Jun 15, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #4 of 9
If you're going to buy off of ebay I would recommend going for a lesser-known brand than Sennheiser. Always a chance of running into a fake CX300. Selling fakes doesn't usually result in negative feedback so a fairly high feedback score is a poor indicator. A fairly low feedback score on the other hand...

Anyway, not sure how much you are looking to spend but in my opinion the ViSang R02 is some of the best money one can spend on a set of earphones off ebay.

Jun 15, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #5 of 9
O btw try the sound magic pl11 if you want bass or pl30 for a more balanced phoned ,they're really comfortable and aprantly there are no fakes because of how cheap they are produced .I had the cx500 before and i moved on to pl30 and was very happy about the upgrade ,it costs around 20-30 pounds.

Jun 16, 2010 at 8:25 AM Post #6 of 9
Fischer Audio and Visang are two mid-price brands available on eBay that look pretty solid to me, though I haven't heard any of their offerings yet...Considering picking up the R03 or Eterna!

Jun 16, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #8 of 9
I know there is a possibilty of fakes anywhere, but how much safer is it to buy from Amazon? Should one check the store to ensure it's on the brands authorized seller list?

Jun 16, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #9 of 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back