Are There any Headphone Hard Box-Cases?
Apr 24, 2012 at 7:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

PinoyPogiman

100+ Head-Fier
like some other people,  i take care of my cans like they're delicate babies.

and just holding on to them while walking around in school seems just too much for me to cringe about.

i want to be able to keep them in my Bookbag, but i cant do that because of the rowdiness of school.
so i would like a case i can fit headphones in without breaking my budget. and just sized enough to be kept in a Bookbag.

i want to see a case that can fit a headphone as big as a Sony XB500, or Sennheiser HD201's.
id also keep some Porta Pro's in there too.

i would like links, serious inquiries only

Apr 25, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #3 of 9
i've seen that alot before on links.

but i dont own any Big-Folding headphones at all. and my Sony XB500's and Sennheiser HD201's dont fold so i doubt it would fit...

im more preferably trying to find something at the same form factor for most "Large" headphones.
and more preferably a Hard-Shell case able to withstand someone sitting on it.

and i've already looked at Pelican cases, those things look B.A. but i dont know what size, and dont like the price.

Apr 25, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #4 of 9
You can get a case like the one in this photograph from a Chinese seller on eBay called wang_yifei. I've also bought some earpads from him and his products seem to be pretty solid. I'm not affiliated with him in any way, just spreading the word about a good product.

Apr 25, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #5 of 9

Quote:

but i dont own any Big-Folding headphones at all. and my Sony XB500's and Sennheiser HD201's dont fold so i doubt it would fit...

im more preferably trying to find something at the same form factor for most "Large" headphones.

and i've already looked at Pelican cases, those things look B.A. but i dont know what size, and dont like the price.

What a nice dilemma we share. I too own the XB500s and the HD201s, but I don't think I'm ever going to bring the latter out - the cable is too damn long!

My XB500s and 1000s didn't come with any pouches, even though I've heard the US models have one. Strange. I bought some cheap A3 sized file pouches for the 500s, but they aren't exactly what I had in mind.

Have you taken a look at this - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Headphone-Case-Sony-MDR-XB500-XB700-XB-500-700-/261001404933?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item3cc4e56205

Apr 25, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:

What's your budget then?

The Pelican 1300 fits a single big headphone.
The Pelican 1450 fits two big headphones.

I even take my Pelican case kayaking with me, with some Denons.

No, they're not inexpensive. Not cheap. But if you want to protect things, they protect very well from crush and water.

Very best,

Dec 6, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #9 of 9
Hi folks - Dom at SLAPPA here.  I'm posting just because we've received a number of inquiries from folks who came from the head-fi site, regarding protective cases that fit larger headphones.  We do make a case specifically for large cans - you can check out our website to see the case.  I don't want to break forum rules so I'm not posting a link or any other details.  Our live chat folks can help if you have questions.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back