Are there any head-fiers who didn't accepted The Division Bell at first\for quite some time, but changed mind later?
Apr 14, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #16 of 31
It certainly have grown on me!
Some 10 years back I liked a couple of the songs, but were undecided about the rest. While now its one of my favorite Pink Floyd albums.

Apr 15, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It certainly have grown on me!
Some 10 years back I liked a couple of the songs, but were undecided about the rest. While now its one of my favorite Pink Floyd albums.

Let's not get carried away!
wink.gif

Apr 15, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #18 of 31
I actually only listened to it a couple times when it first came out and then din't play it again until I read his thread. It's actually pretty good. Not sure why I left it alone for so long

Apr 15, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #19 of 31
I'm not a big Pink Floyd listener, but it's probably the only album from them I listen to more frequently. Probably it's one of the more positive sound album. High Hopes is probably one of the most beautiful song I heard, Lost for Words has some really brutally honest lyrics.

Apr 15, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #20 of 31
Me too. While I was a listener of the earlier stuff, I didn't care much about the Gilmour's era, but now I consider it very delicate and marvelous. The Division Bell is a superb album from the beginning to the end. Especially I like the opening track "Cluster One", "Wearing the Inside Out" and "High Hopes", but after the Live in Gdańsk I've given some respect to "Great Day for Freedom". The others are generally great. I don't feel there are fillers but some of the beginning tracks aren't for me.

Apr 15, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #21 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let's not get carried away!
wink.gif

No need to...

Apr 20, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #23 of 31
I too was stuck on the early stuff and didn't give this or Momentary Lapse Of Reason a chance. I have grown more patient in my years and have come to like both albums. Although not in a regular rotation they are a nice distraction for something different.

Apr 20, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #24 of 31
Yep. When it first came out I didn't take to it at all. After seeing them in concert in San Diego about 6 months after the album release I really warmed-up to it after that.

Apr 21, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #26 of 31
Just the opposite - first PF album I listened to, liked it at first, now I can't stand anything on it except for wearing inside out and maybe marooned and cluster one intro. Wearing inside out is pretty good though. It's just a really bad album. It's overstated and overproduced. Poetry is in the crapper. I haven't listened to it in years so I can't say more.. I always associate it with "have a cigar", because I think it shares all of the same flaws except that "have a cigar" also sounds much more dated.

Apr 21, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #27 of 31
While Momentary Lapse Of Reason is just what you would except from a band without its Genius, The Division Bell is great, in fact its strange how good it is.
Maybe the PF album I listen more often,
They say it doesnt sound like Pink Floyd, but that doesnt mean its not good,

"Poles Apart" is really funny, cause it speaks about the relation between Waters and Gilmore.

Apr 22, 2009 at 10:07 AM Post #28 of 31
It was The Division Bell which made me a fan of Pink Floyd....love at first hearing...specifically the song 'Take it back'

Apr 23, 2009 at 10:13 PM Post #30 of 31
After listening to PULSE over and over I warmed up to the album. The lyrics are on the wrong side of pretentious, but the music remains pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back