Are there any head-fiers who didn't accepted The Division Bell at first\for quite some time, but changed mind later?
Apr 3, 2009 at 11:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

QQQ

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm just curious, since i was so pissed off years ago, but i'm can't stop listening to it. So cohesive and powerful i'm wondering why i disliked it earlier...

Apr 3, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #2 of 31
It was one of the albums that got me hooked on Gilmour's work (with and without Floyd), and I appreciate it for its own merits.
smily_headphones1.gif
High Hopes, Marooned, Keep Talking... so many great tracks.

Apr 3, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #3 of 31
I rejected it some years back, but never gave it another try. My tastes have expanded greatly since then - do you think it'd be worth picking up a copy and giving it a shot?

Apr 3, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #4 of 31
I would say so. Music is extremely subjective, so even if you don't like it at least you gave it a shot.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #5 of 31
I didn't really get into the Division Bell at all. I still have a copy but it gets hardly any play.

The Final Cut however left me cold for years until I got into Roger Waters' solo stuff.

Apr 6, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #8 of 31
I liked the album from the beginning. Very good display of Gilmour's guitar work. If you go in expecting TDSOTM you will probably be disappointed, but on its own, I believe it is an excellent album. I play it frequently.

Apr 6, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #9 of 31
I consider it one of the only Floyd albums with filler material, but it's still pretty good. Some of the lyrics could be improved from what I remember.

Apr 6, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #11 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely not one of Pink Floyd's best albums, but still better than a lot of other stuff out there.

It's certainly not one of their worst either.
wink.gif
*cough* Final Cut *cough*

(Personal opinion, of course. No offense to fans of The Final Cut.)

Apr 6, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #12 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't really get into the Division Bell at all. I still have a copy but it gets hardly any play.

The Final Cut however left me cold for years until I got into Roger Waters' solo stuff.

x2. Final Cut turned me off so much that I never even looked for more Pink Floyd albums. Division Bell had been out for years before I even knew about it. I've heard it a couple of times and it does nothing for me.

Final Cut also turned me off on looking for anything by Roger Waters.

Apr 7, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #13 of 31
I didn't like it at first but then really liked a couple years later. Now I'm back to not really liking it again.

Apr 7, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #14 of 31
When it first came out, I only liked a couple of the songs on it, but after all these years, I've found I enjoy it all more and more. Same thing happened to me with the Counting Crows - Recovering the Satellites album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back