Are there any CIEMS that have enough bass for dubstep?
Sep 17, 2014 at 11:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

beanboy

New Head-Fier
I have Heir 8s and am not happy at all with their bass reproduction.  Is this just something you have to get used to with CIEMS?  Or are there CIEMS (at any price) that have great, heavy, hard-hitting bass?

I searched and all I can find is one thread recommending the UE 11s....how big of a bass improvement would they be over my Heir 8s?

Thanks guys,
Parker

Sep 17, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #2 of 4
what were the previous IEMs that gave you the proper amount of bass to your liking?

Sep 17, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #3 of 4
Heirs are the only IEMS i've tried, and in regards to how much bass I want I'm just going for as much as is possible in the CIEM platform.  I have A JL F212 in my home theater and I'm about to add a second one.  There's just no such thing as too much bass IMO.

Parker

Sep 17, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #4 of 4
You better of with a hybrid or Dynamic Driver IEM if you want a bass for dubstep. The Heir 8A uses BA drivers and BA driver while sounds good, clean and detailed, can't produce the same rumble bass as DD. I have JH Roxanne with 4 BA drivers to produce the bass and it still can't beat my $80 Ostry KC06A for bass rumble, airiness and impact (Ostry KC06A is not even a bass heavy IEM).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back