Are there any Audeze cans that sound like Hifiman?
May 18, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #16 of 20
No headphone is just "pure" they're all coloured in their own way. Hifiman headphones always have some extra treble zing, with a plasticity timbre(newer models)

Hmmm. HEX v2 is quite zingless. HE6se has a zing at 4k, really nowhere else significant. HEKse fairly calm too. I've owned for decades some of the best planar speakers ever made such as: Quad ESL 57, ML CLS IIz, Duettas, Magnepan 3.3, among others, and leaving off the Ananda, HEK v1, 400*and 560, 560 I don't hear this plastic quality, would you mind pointing out the conditions where you hear that?

Audeze phones have a linear sound with some upper mid dips, slightly lush presentation, good heft and sustain in the bass. Out of Audeze range, in my opinion the only ones worth looking at are the LCD-4 and LCD-2.

Are you talking LCD2's? Pumped up bass, huge upper mid dip (biggest one I've seen on any headphone over $79 list), and a drooping response over 10k to near inaudiblity by 15k. Those LCD2's? The LCD4 is a masterpiece, the LCD2 is a "fun" can - lush for sure, accurate? I do like lush.

Last edited:
May 18, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #17 of 20
That's cool, but I absolutely love the sound signature of the lcd4s. It's what I've been searching for. With the bryston bha1 and the benchmark dac3 behind the lcd4s, they can't be beat in my book.

There's no shame in being #2 or #4 given the crowd at the top. The estat amp cost is brutal, The Abyss is plain ugly. The 4 is known to blow up a bit more than expected. Nothing is perfect, but when one gets happy in audio, it's good to cocoon out and enjoy - no question.

May 18, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #18 of 20
There's no shame in being #2 or #4 given the crowd at the top. The estat amp cost is brutal, The Abyss is plain ugly. The 4 is known to blow up a bit more than expected. Nothing is perfect, but when one gets happy in audio, it's good to cocoon out and enjoy - no question.
Very true, nothing is perfect. And if they blow up I'll just ship them to audeze to get repaired. No biggie.

Jul 27, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #19 of 20
The best Audeze headphones are the LCD 4 and 4z. Why don’t you try one of those? I own the 4z, it’s fast, and detailed with deep tight bass. It provides a wide and deep soundstage with excellent imaging. I don’t find it bright at all. The 4z is more efficient but it still requires a really good desk top amp to sound its best.
I just got a pair of the LCD-4z headphones in the mail today and WOW they are amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back