Are the VSonic GR07s a suitable upgrade to my Senn ie6s?
Aug 1, 2012 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

JiggyJones

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of Sennheiser ie6s, which are my only iems. My source is an iPod classic with a fiio e6 amp and a fiio line-out dock. I am looking for a pair of buds that have better detail, and have decent isolation. bass is important.
I listen to mostly rock, and electronic music.
Are the VSonic GR07 MK2 Pro's a suitable upgrade?
Here is the link to them on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Dynamic-Isolation-Earphones-Earbuds-multiple/dp/B005FDXZJU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1XNG8RZI0WRAT&coliid=I1LI9RSPRF6SPC
transparent-pixel._V192234675_.gif

Thanks in advance for your help
etysmile.gif

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #2 of 18
A few more notes for you to consider:

They have to be somewhat fun-sounding, for those techno tracks.
I listen to a lot of downtempo too, and the 'phones have to be detailed in every frequency.

Aug 1, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #3 of 18
The magic of the GR07 is that they are incredibly balanced and detailed in every frequency, like you require. However, for your genres, there are other options that may be better.

The TF10's will be more suited for rock and probably techno as well, as they are more dynamic and have a slightly V-shaped FR. They have a recessed midrange, but none of your genres have too much going on there anyways. Their one downside, is that many have trouble with fit. The CKM500 are another great option for you to look at.

Aug 1, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #6 of 18
The thing is, even if the cable breaks, replacements can be found cheaply.

But yes, a bass boost may help the GR07 a little bit, though it also may push its bass into boomy territory.

Aug 1, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #8 of 18
Having never hearing the TF10, I am unable to answer that question. I hope someone else who has heard both can drop in. You may want to try the GR07 appreciation thread for more help.

Aug 1, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #9 of 18
Which has more detail: the gr07 or the TF10?

TF10 has more detail, especially micro detailing, you just don't hear every small nuance in tracks with GRO7. I have compared many times....too many times.

Aug 1, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #10 of 18
Depends on what detail you are talking about. Treble in tfp, as like in many good over-$100 BA is far more articulate and in your face than the GR07. Easier to pick up details but has a delicate and IMO inferior timbre. GR07's more balanced frequency response brings a some parts of the music that is being overshadowed in the tfp10 though. 

I do think for techno tfp10 is more fun-sounding, can't beat tfp in terms of PRAT.

Aug 3, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #12 of 18
I listen to alternative rock more than I listen to electronica. I've heard the TF10's mids are recessed, but will this issue be resolved by using my fiio e6? Which ones do you think are more suited for alt. rock (Coldplay, Smashing Pumpkins, Frank Zappa, etc...)?

Aug 3, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #15 of 18
It might be safer to get the GR07s - the TF10s also have some pretty bad fit issues with most people.

There's also a new GR07 Bass Edition that'll be released at some point in the near future too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back