Are the UE Reference IEMs UE10s rebranded?
Dec 20, 2010 at 10:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

guyverl

100+ Head-Fier
Just for fun... let's look at the evidence

- I noticed the UE10s are no longer available on the UE site replaced the UE Reference
- The UE Reference is the same price as the UE10s used to be..
- They both have 3 drivers
- The UE Reference supposedly has the flattest, most accurate response.  This is a trait of the UE10 that was apparent from reviews when both the UE11 and UE18 came out... that in terms of neutrality the UE10s were more neutral.

Thoughts?

Dec 20, 2010 at 10:51 AM Post #2 of 3

Quote:

- I noticed the UE10s are no longer available on the UE site replaced the UE Reference
- The UE Reference supposedly has the flattest, most accurate response.  This is a trait of the UE10 that was apparent from reviews when both the UE11 and UE18 came out... that in terms of neutrality the UE10s were more neutral.

Thoughts?

Why don't you ask someone who has listened to both? Check out the Audiophiliac (Steve) on Cnet.

Dec 20, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #3 of 3

Quote:

Thoughts?

vs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jude 

I have the UE10 Pro, too, and the UE In-Ear Reference Monitor isn't a re-hash of the UE10 Pro.  They don't sound the same, the latter having sparklier-sounding, more extended highs and better imaging.  That said, given that the In-Ear Reference Monitor sounds better than the UE10 Pro to me--and that both are designed to be flat/neutral, the IERM very specifically so--I'm not sure where the UE10 Pro fits in the lineup now.

Both the UE10 Pro and IERM I have are made with clear shells, so it's also very obvious, visually, that they're not using the same drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back