Are the Shure SCL4's exceptional or just mediocre regardless of their new low price?
Jan 2, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomzDayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
qft, 716>scl4

And you've owned the SCL4, yes?

Whether or not you do or don't, I'm thoroughly enjoying all this conjecture about something most people in this thread haven't even heard. I'm waiting for mine to arrive before I make any judgment on it.

Jan 2, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #34 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ouch...those don't even compare in terms of price. I'm so glad I didn't buy the SCL4.

I would not compare the 716s at the $20 price tag, since they are impossible to find at that price now. It was just a lucky break. In fact, they are getting harder to find at all, since they are discontinued (and have been for awhile). Newegg lists them as "deactivated," but there is a third party seller on Amazon selling them for $71 shipped, so a little less less than the $80 SCL4 deal. But with the mod and a decent amp, they are an awesome IEM, up there with the ER4P (which I also owned, but sold). Sounds like the Shures are in need of a bass boost as well. It would be interesting to hear the two side by side (with the same amp, source). Hard to believe the Shures would outperform the 716s.

Jan 3, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #35 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would not compare the 716s at the $20 price tag, since they are impossible to find at that price now. It was just a lucky break. In fact, they are getting harder to find at all, since they are discontinued (and have been for awhile). Newegg lists them as "deactivated," but there is a third party seller on Amazon selling them for $71 shipped, so a little less less than the $80 SCL4 deal. But with the mod and a decent amp, they are an awesome IEM, up there with the ER4P (which I also owned, but sold). Sounds like the Shures are in need of a bass boost as well. It would be interesting to hear the two side by side (with the same amp, source). Hard to believe the Shures would outperform the 716s.

I was speaking in terms of their original prices, before the huge markdowns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back