Are the sennheiser HD 598 comfortable.
Jun 3, 2012 at 7:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

daniel521

500+ Head-Fier
My main concern with buying this pair of headphones is that I'm not sure its comfortable. After reading reviews, I was pretty sure it was comfortable. However, I used to own a pair of beats studio (they suck) and they were really uncomfortable because after a long period of time they start to hurt my ears and my jaw. I read some reviews of the beats studio and every one said it was comfortable, so I'm not sure if I'll find the HD 598 comfortable since people are saying the studio is comfortable. does anyone who has worn both know if the HD 598 is more comfortable than the beats studio and if I can use it for a long time without it hurting my ear or jaw?

Jun 3, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #2 of 12
I've never had the beats on for more than 5 minutes so I can't really comment on that.... but the HD598's were rather comfortable for the extended times I've worn them when I previously owned them. The earcups are very large and accommodating.

Jun 3, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:
I generally find that the Sennheisers have a stronger clamping force than other headphones, so it may lead to some fatigue after prolonged usage. Just something to keep in mind.

Do all sennheiser headphones with more or less the same shape as this one have strong clamping? Are there any other sennheisers that are more comfortable that you recommend?

Jun 3, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #6 of 12
Senn 598s are extremely comfortable. No clamping force, ultra-soft pads/cups and headband. I've worn them for 8 hours straight doing homework and could have worn them infinitely longer.

Jun 3, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #7 of 12
I tried it and before I was using a logitech gaming headset. The logitechs, I could not use for long periods of time. Now with the sennheisers I can keep them on all the time with no trouble. They are very comfortable.

Jun 4, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #8 of 12
Just to comment on the clamping force bit... The first few hours of use with any headphones will be a little tighter than comfort. However, the HD598's definitely have had the least clamping force of any over the ear headphone I've EVER owned. (My T1's have significantly more clamping force, but after about 50 hours they have been worn in and it isn't bad now.)

Jul 13, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #11 of 12
Jul 24, 2012 at 4:01 AM Post #12 of 12
Yes, the clamping force is pretty much non existent, very nice earpads, headband can be a little uncomfortable (for me personally) but i moved it around on my head a little and then comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back