Are Sony MDR-V500DJ that bad?
Apr 20, 2002 at 7:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

nifu

New Head-Fier
I bought them because they were the only good ones available where I live for $100 CDN. If cost doesn't matter, are they good
confused.gif
? If there is anything bad about them please tell me, if there is anything good tell me too
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks.

Apr 20, 2002 at 9:01 PM Post #2 of 22
I personally haven't heard them, but based on other headfier's experience, all of those VxxxDJ headphones are plain awful, run a search and see what comes up, i do recall headfier 'Gluegun' writing quite a bit about the DJ line.

Apr 20, 2002 at 10:16 PM Post #4 of 22
Well this is my second day with them and I like them. The problem is, I don't have anything else to compare them with so, this is the best i've ever heard. All of my friends have the MDR-V300's, so I thought i'd impress them with V500DJ's ! hehe. Well I personnally think all of you "spoil" your ears. V500's aren't good enough??? come on!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2002 at 10:18 PM Post #5 of 22
My friends have various dj models and I thought they sounded fine until I bought a v6. When I listen to it now it sounds like those cheap bundled headphones drivers that comes with various sony walkmans encased in a bigger can. I'm really stupid and clueless when it comes to headphones but even I can tell that they are utter crap that sony charges too much for. Read these forums and you will see the light.

Apr 20, 2002 at 10:30 PM Post #6 of 22
Ah! I want V6's Now! But I can only get them for 130$ CDN including shipping. and it will take 7-14 days delivery, and also someone tell me if I can return headphones the day afteryou get them? I bought them from the Sony Store and have all the bills and stuff and case. please helpp

Apr 20, 2002 at 10:32 PM Post #7 of 22
we're not spoiling our ears. Frickin' $20 sportapros are much better than v500djs. It's all about what's good and what's not, not necessarily what's expensive.

Apr 20, 2002 at 11:57 PM Post #10 of 22
yep, i use em out and about as well.

Apr 21, 2002 at 1:08 PM Post #12 of 22
Yesterday I was coming home from a downtown shopping trip (in which I bought a new $40 CPU cooling fan/heatsink for my Athlon XP 1600+ processor), and I saw a guy on the bus wearing those notorious Sony MDR-V500DJ headphones! I thought "What the @#$% is he listening to on those freakin' headphones?" (I was using my Koss KSC-35's at that time, listening to vintage '30s big-band jazz - but I should have brought my Sennheiser HD 280 PRO's, since the KSC-35's don't block out enough external noises to be worth using on the bus.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back