Are Sony MDR-V500DJ that bad?
Apr 21, 2002 at 2:03 PM Post #16 of 22
We have a pair of V500DJ in the house. On the plus side, they seem more balanced than the V700DJ. Heh. On the downside, both extreme are emphasized and the mids are very recessed, far into the mix. Sounds like an equalizer set to the "V" shape. Bass isn't very extended and is looser than the V6. Mid-bass, upper-bass and lower mid are all boosted. Mids are tough to hear until you reach the harsh treble, which also seems boosted. Sounds pleasant, doesn't it?

As far as comparing them to the V300, they are a class above for sure. The V500 are very well built and the sound is a lot more balanced and detailed. The V300 are the worst ear-subwoofer I have heard.

Apr 21, 2002 at 2:31 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Well I personnally think all of you "spoil" your ears. V500's aren't good enough???

They are probably better than what you have heard before, but I think that it is generally agreed that if you are going to spend anywhere near what the Sony DJ line cost, you can do worlds better. I think fewer people would complain if the line was sold at an appropriate price for the sound quality. But for $100 bucks you better be approaching audiophile quality a lot faster than the DJ cans do.

Apr 21, 2002 at 3:47 PM Post #18 of 22
I'd just like to add a little something nifu. If the V500 are the best you heard, they must sound good to you no? And I suppose you enjoy your rap music with them on, right? Maybe that phat bass makes you groove your head to the beat. You get into it, start swinging your arms and saying "yo! yo! yo!". If so, you're enjoying the music and those are good cans for you at the moment. It's all about enjoying the music. If the V500 allow you to do that, then stop worrying.

Apr 21, 2002 at 4:06 PM Post #19 of 22
Also, if you want to buy, check to make sure it's the V6 you're buying, not the V600. The V6 shouldn't be as expensive as all that (or is it the exchange rate?)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 21, 2002 at 6:29 PM Post #22 of 22
I haven't ordered from that particular store, but regular mail is usually pretty good. In most cases, it's faster than UPS ground. I get stuff shipped from the US to Ontario and it usually takes about 10 days to arrive using regular mail. Plus, with UPS/FedEx, you have to pay something ridiculous like $25 for the broker fee. Standard mail is $5. Go USPS and Canada Post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back