Are sony mdr-7506 supposed to be really trebley
Apr 4, 2013 at 1:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Rikifi

New Head-Fier
Just got a set of sony mdr-7506 delivered from Appods through Amazon.
Everything looks genuine with the packaging, but the headphones sound very trebley and harsh to listen to.

Do they have to wear in until the get a bit warmer or are they all like this?
Is it usually Ok buying through Amazon, or are there fakes like on ebay?

My beyerdynamic dt100's sound fuller, warmer, nicer... And these were supposed to replace them.

Apr 4, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #2 of 6
They are not warm headphones. However, they aren't very trebley either. They are fairly neutral with slightly emphasized treble and bass.

btw, why are you replacing $200 headphones with $80 ones...

Apr 4, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #3 of 6
Had the dt100's for a out 5 years but needed something for everything, my beyerdynamic dt100 couldn't be used with my ipod, keyboard, laptop etc., but these can.

Just wondering if they are fakes, or is it I'm just used to warmer headphones?
Not sure if I should return and get the krk kns
6400 instead now?

They just sound harsh.

Apr 5, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #5 of 6
Try this  http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V55-BR-style-Headphones/dp/B007BY3PNW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365140152&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+mdr-v55

They are better than 7506 for sure.

May 3, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #6 of 6
[size=medium]Want to tell the difference by packaging details?[/size]
[size=medium][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]Packaging facade for counterfeit has everything it ought to have, only that the foil stamping is a bit dull.[/size][/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium][size=medium][/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium][size=12pt]The small characters on the genuine are thinner.[/size][/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium] [/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium][size=12pt][/size][/size][/size]
[size=medium][size=medium][size=12pt][size=12pt]The entire production line for 7506 is in Thailand, and ‘Made in Thailand’ is found printed both on headset cases and headsets themselves. Though the phoneys’ light yellow manuals have at their bottom corners something which read ‘Printed in Japan’. As I have not test run a 7506, not much can yet be said. But, some friends of mine who did say its sound is a bit trebley.[/size][/size][/size][/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back