are ski equipments cheaper in the summer?
Feb 14, 2008 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Konig

1000+ Head-Fier
im getting ski equipments first time so I'd like to know if i should buy now or should i wait till the summer?

Are european brands better than American brands? Quick search on the internet turns out more american brands than european brands....

Feb 14, 2008 at 3:29 AM Post #2 of 9
Seasonal sports equipment is almost always less expensive right after the season ends. So buy new gear in a few months, spring/early summer. Keep and eye open for sales.

Can't help you with the second bit, only being a casual skier.

Feb 14, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #3 of 9
Ski equipment is generally cheaper @ the end of each season; I would say from late April to late May for the best selection.

I find European made skis to be better than American, at least the ones I've tried. I myself use Atomic/Salomon.

Feb 14, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #4 of 9
I am a snowboarder, but this applied to skis as well. Best deals are not in the summer. April/May is the best because they are trying to clear out everything from this season. Then by like June everything is gone and you are stuck with extremely limited options. Then in about August, new stuff comes in and no more sale.

Feb 14, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #5 of 9
I've had k2s and atomics, and don't have a preference. Skis are so good now that it's hard to go wrong. I've still got my pre-parabolic k2s. One day I'll go modern.

Feb 14, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #6 of 9
thank you guys so much for the advice!

april and may it IS!

but where do u guys trust for ski-equipment reviews and what are the expensive price no object brands out there?

Feb 14, 2008 at 6:14 AM Post #7 of 9
As a snowboarder, I don't know this first hand, but I ride with two skiers up at Whistler on occasion, so I'll give you that. One is a trick-oriented skier and uses Line skis, the other is a big mountain skier and uses Dynastars. They both have two pair each from the same respective companies and pretty much swear by them.

If I ever were to take up skiing again, I'd probably grab a nice set of Dynastars. But I don't see that happening anytime soon...

Feb 14, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #9 of 9
They certainly are. At least around here.
Cause there are season dependent, and they also release new models each fall. Making last years models cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back