Are my ER-4S doomed?
Nov 28, 2008 at 7:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Win0ver

New Head-Fier
So I tried changing the filters on my ER4... and only the green screen came off.

The metal ring is stuck in and is preventing me from inserting another filter, and I can't find a way take it out.

Dirt will inevitably get in without a filter ; should I just go ahead and buy another pair?
confused_face_2.gif

Any ideas/solutions?

Nov 28, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Win0ver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I tried changing the filters on my ER4... and only the green screen came off.

The metal ring is stuck in and is preventing me from inserting another filter, and I can't find a way take it out.

Dirt will inevitably get in without a filter ; should I just go ahead and buy another pair?
confused_face_2.gif

Any ideas/solutions?

Try to pull it out using a small drill bit. Use a drill bit that just fits then rotate it clockwise til the bit bites the metal ring then pull it out slowly. Be careful that you don't crack the plastic part.

Nov 28, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #3 of 8
Send them back to ety, after emailing them to get a send-back reference. If you're lucky they'll sort if out or free (or not very much).

Their customer service is excellent.

Nov 28, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by sniks7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Send them back to ety, after emailing them to get a send-back reference. If you're lucky they'll sort if out or free (or not very much).

Their customer service is excellent.

Agreed. Send them in.

Nov 28, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #5 of 8
Hm, since my ER-4Ps are 1 month old I haven't looked at the filters yet, but on my older ER-6i you could actually screw in the tool and pull out the filter, then unscrew and throw it away.

Isn't the ER-4 using the same 'screw' mechanic?

Nov 28, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldschool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hm, since my ER-4Ps are 1 month old I haven't looked at the filters yet, but on my older ER-6i you could actually screw in the tool and pull out the filter, then unscrew and throw it away.

Isn't the ER-4 using the same 'screw' mechanic?

I remember the ER6is working that way as well. It would only make sense if the ER4's filters would work in the same fashion.

Nov 29, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #7 of 8
ER6i's filter is one of those rare occasion where Ety decided to use an easily removable filter (you can pull it out by fingers, not tool required)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back