Are Heedaudio's CanAmp an upgrade over Maverick D1 for AKG702
Sep 16, 2010 at 9:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

singh

500+ Head-Fier
I am currently using the AKG K702 with Maverick tube magic D1 ( DAC) ...though i am quite happy with the setup ...but i can hear some hissing in songs ( its absent with TF10 ) ....thus i came across the HEED CanAmp ..read about it and its great synergy with K70x and no hissing as per reviews ...i did contact their sales manager ( their website) and am getting a pretty good deal shipped to india ( no distributors here )

the first thing i want to ask is weather the CanAmp will be much of an improvement over D1 ( as D1 is also rooted as an amp with one of the best synergy with the AKGs ...but pairs poorly with other HPs)

As the Canamp is an pure amplifier  can i use D1 to generate a line-out ( i have multiple sources ..viz laptop, S:flo, Ps3, Xbox, PS1 ) and then use CanAmp as an amplfier to which i will connect K702 set up without having hissing issues that i am experiencing  ....or using the canamp alone with the lineout signal of Sflo will give me better result.

OR is there any amp better than the CanAmp with AKGs ...suggest them please

OR should i save up for a higher priced amp

thanks for looking

Sep 17, 2010 at 7:48 AM Post #4 of 5
the problem is i D1 pairs badly with other headphones ...so is the lineout signal form D1 usable( .....better than  ...um ..say udac) with other amps with different signature (than the D1's )...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back