Are Grado SR80is durable?
Mar 13, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #32 of 35

Quote:

I think all headphones are not durable man... I've never heard any miracle stories about any one headphone being tough. Although I HAVE rolled over the cable of all my Grados many times over 6 years in my computer chair with no complaints :D

I've heard a few miracle stories about the M-80. :p  I can't see this thing ever breaking...there's even a hidden "feature" where the cup will pop out of the headband if enough force is put on it so it doesn't break.

Mar 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #33 of 35
My SR80 has lasted me for 7-8 years now. They have been hardy except the time I slammed them really hard on my keyboard in anger. Driver was dislodged I think and I had to replace it and the cable. But overall I tend to use it only at home as it leaks sound like crazy.

If I'm going to bring out a can for travel or other more "hazardous" activities, I would prefer my M80. I really do not see how I can break them (short of running them over with a vehicle) as the build quality is amazing. Moreover it comes with a case that pretty much ensures survivability. Add detachable cables and it's really hard for anything to go wrong.

Mar 13, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #34 of 35

Quote:
I've heard a few miracle stories about the M-80. :p  I can't see this thing ever breaking...there's even a hidden "feature" where the cup will pop out of the headband if enough force is put on it so it doesn't break.

Actually wait I take that back, all Ultrasones are considerably durable to the point where they'll make them ugly if they have to as long as they're built well. Nice find on the M-80 I can imagine it'd be pretty tanky haha

Jun 28, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #35 of 35
I think Grado should add a little leather carrying pouch with their Grados just for that extra $$$ that i will be willing to buy.

because its more casual looking to carry a pouch w/ headphones inside instead of a wood/ plastic box to carry them in.

im being serious, i want a Pouch to carry headphones in, openly holding them or just wearing on my neck is not enough for me to keep my cans safe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back