Are earbuds dying?
Mar 24, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #17 of 63
Don't mistake lack of interest on Head-fi for earbuds dying. TDK has an earbud though only the in-ears get interest. Vsonic has a new earbud. The MH1C was the popular one but Sony has the MH410 earbud that is most likely an overachiever as well. New Hisound are coming. The new Sunrise range(Feeling 2, Charm 3, Dragon 2). Senn has the new MX365 and OMX plus the MX985 and they will fill in the rest of the range(probably MX885 etc.). Of course the PX685 are also buds even if they have a headband. BLOX is small but active as they can be. Plenty of others as well.

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #18 of 63
http://www.head-fi.org/t/592098/the-hisoundaudio-live-my-new-favorite-earbud

this live earbud is v agile, lively, spacious sounding, nothing slow or bloated. 
i enjoy it v much from classicals to jazz. 
bass is sufficient n taut without boominess...but no bass monster.

Mar 24, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #20 of 63
Sunrise dragon2 is also lean and fast, great with classical and jazz, needs to be amped though

Mar 24, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #21 of 63
To me, I see little value in a form factor that loses points to sound in order to be highly portable, but doesn't isolate from outside noise well

An earbud is beaten in convenience and sound by a full-size headphone at home and by an in-ear monitor in isolation and (likely) sound for the price out and about. In what kind of situations does an earbud shine over any other form factor?

Also thousandth post

Mar 24, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #22 of 63
Quote:
Well, since the word "earbuds" has essentially become synonymous with "suck like a vacuum" and rightfully so, we can only hope the market does die out.

So let me get this straight.

I can't wear IEM's due to an excessive amount of ear wax production.
I use earbuds when I'm out and about speed walking on city streets where I NEED to hear things around me so I can be safe.
I don't like to wear regular headphones when I'm out and about either on ear or around ear due to sweat and heat issues.

So while IEM's perform better, you would like to see the market die out and leave me with less viable options?

The fact is, is that there are many considerations when choosing what type of headphones one should get and sound quality is but one of those considerations.

Your view on this, Tus, seems to be a bit myopic.

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #25 of 63
There you go 021311..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-SENNHEISER-STYLE-MX-90-VC-MX90VC-EARPHONES-EARBUDS-HEADPHONES-NEW-RRP-99-/120976517167?pt=AU_Electronics_Portable_Audio_Accessories&hash=item1c2ac3282f

I can buy a pair and ship them to you.

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #26 of 63
Quote:
There you go 021311..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GENUINE-SENNHEISER-STYLE-MX-90-VC-MX90VC-EARPHONES-EARBUDS-HEADPHONES-NEW-RRP-99-/120976517167?pt=AU_Electronics_Portable_Audio_Accessories&hash=item1c2ac3282f

I can buy a pair and ship them to you.

Thank you, but I already have a pair but in case it breaks I might consider buying a spare. There are about the same price I bought a few years ago.

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #27 of 63
There are quite a few sellers in Oz that have these in stock and if you ever need one, hit them up and get it imported.

What would I give for a successor to the E888. Also on the hunt for the Blox.

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #28 of 63
Blox ANV3se is also a great choice.
L3000.gif

Mar 25, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #30 of 63
Quote:
To me, I see little value in a form factor that loses points to sound in order to be highly portable, but doesn't isolate from outside noise well

An earbud is beaten in convenience and sound by a full-size headphone at home and by an in-ear monitor in isolation and (likely) sound for the price out and about. In what kind of situations does an earbud shine over any other form factor?

Also thousandth post

I wear earbuds on a daily basis precisely because of their form factor. Headphones are too bulky and I generally dislike the feeling of them. My IEMs are great but in many situations the isolation is unwanted. 

I workout and do a lot of physical things. Headphones? No way. IEMs? No. The isolation means I'm less aware of my surroundings. Also the closed in nature exaggerates the sound of my own breathing/heartbeat which I find offputting.

Thankfully I can listen to music while I work but headphones aren't allowed and IEMs again offer too much isolation. So for me earbuds actually beat both of these for convenience and still allow me to enjoy music during my day. As always what you might not find value in others do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back