Are bullet plug connectors better?
Oct 8, 2003 at 7:14 PM Post #16 of 21
If you take more than a second to read Aeberbach's post several messages up, you'll see that he has used the Eichmann.

I needed no swaying. How did you know whether I'd used the connector or not when I said nothing to either effect? Who is jumping on whom, DS?

NGF

Oct 8, 2003 at 8:25 PM Post #17 of 21
I did not ran a direct A/B test with similar cables and different RCA plugs. I can only tell you that the locally made interconects (with bullet plugs) that I have now made a big improvement in sound from my previous ones at the same price range.

Does the Bullet Plug web site is full of marketing BS? Probably. Is the price of those plugs inflated? Of course!

We are talking about Hi-Fi here; marketing BS and inflated price are the norm!

It doesen't mean that it will not improve the sound tough...
wink.gif

Oct 8, 2003 at 11:25 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

nickel layer below to prevent the gold layer from diffusing into the metal below

This may happen but I thought the advantage of gold was that it didn't react with anything - so no corrosion, but also no diffusing. Will the plating on bullet plugs diffuse?

I was so unimpressed with bullet plugs I gave them away. Gariver got them, he sent me some teflon tubing to make the interconnects discussed in this thread:

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=18465

They turned out pretty well. The pair I made (with Neutrik Profi RCAs) were very warmly received by the guy who bought my Arcam CD23. I might make another pair this weekend...

Oct 9, 2003 at 1:41 AM Post #20 of 21
aeberbach: Sorry, that's about all I remember - and Eichmann plugs were not available then, anyway.
wink.gif
Oh, and the diffusion might have electrical and not chemical reasons. It's a pity that we don't have more engineers on the forum to throw in their knowledge...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back