Are audiophiles morning or night person?
Jan 12, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #31 of 58
Insomniac for as long as I can remember... trying a new Rx in about a month so we will see how that goes
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 12, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #32 of 58
When I'm home and not at work on the slope, I'm wide awake by 6:00-6:30 AM and stay up until whenever.

When I'm working on the slope, I work a 12 hour shift from 6:00-6:00. Whether that shift is the daytime shift or the nighttime shift is entirely up to the senior engineer on site.

Jan 12, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #36 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Young people love the night.

Hahaha! I used to be young, and I used to love the night! Actually, I still love the night. I'm just not awake for as much of it as I used to be...

Jan 12, 2008 at 9:08 PM Post #37 of 58
I told myself last night that I was going to watch a movie and then go to sleep soon after. Instead I hopped on the computer after the movie and didn't even go back to bed until almost 6am. I have no clue when I finally fell asleep. So yeah, night person here.

Jan 13, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #39 of 58
I still keep musician's hours, up all night, sleep all day.

Jan 13, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #41 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wondering: Do you have more energy in the mornings, late nights, or in the middle/afternoonish?

I'm a real night person, and it's not unknown for me to be out mowing the lawn at 10:00
tongue.gif

also: cookie for first person to guess which topic I ripped the title off of
tongue.gif

edit 2: First option should read "Morning," not "Day."

Middle.

Jan 13, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #42 of 58
I often feel tired and stressed out all day yet at night I am full of life after I watch a good movie or listen to my favorite tracks. Being absorbed in a work of art greater than myself and my daily schedule restores my hope for tomorrow.

Jan 13, 2008 at 6:16 AM Post #43 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I'm home and not at work on the slope, I'm wide awake by 6:00-6:30 AM and stay up until whenever.

When I'm working on the slope, I work a 12 hour shift from 6:00-6:00. Whether that shift is the daytime shift or the nighttime shift is entirely up to the senior engineer on site.

But does the near-artic extended nights or days, like 20 hours of night (this time of the year) or 20 hours of day, mess with your biological clock? During the Summer how can you sleep? Converse for the Winter, how do you stay awake without any sun? Just curious.

Jan 13, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #44 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Young people love the night.

Ken; Your like the oldest guy here, you've got 20 years on me and 40 years on the rest. How many hours do you actually sleep? Stereotypically I've heard that the older you get the less sleep you need or want?

For me I'm good with 7 hours of sleep.
Late dinner, late to bed around 1-2AM, late riser 7:30-8:30. Catch the late commute when I need to be in the office. Punch the clock around 9:30-10:30. 8-10 hours later I punch out. Historically I've done my best work after midnight. I've been known to post deliverables at 4 in the morning. Of course if I'm up until 4, don't expect me in the office.

Jan 13, 2008 at 11:02 AM Post #45 of 58
It depends for me. Sometimes I'll go into a staying up all night, sleeping all day routine, but after a few days I tend to feel depressed and anti-social (Basically having the feeling I don't want to be around anyone).

I'll then take control and force myself into a somewhat normal routine 10PM bed and my alarm set for 8AM, which pushes my mood up and forces me to be more social, I also feel it improves my appetite and I'm more willing to exercise and what not.

So for me, a good sleeping routine is essential for my overall health. These days I try and stick to a normal sleeping pattern unless I really need an escape in which case I'll revert back to the up all night, sleeping all day routine for a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back