ARCHOS 5 Internet Tablet !
Nov 26, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #46 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAndre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe there is a volume limiter somewhere in settings...

I have some other questions:

I heard that Custom EQ is blocked on Android OS. Is there a custom EQ option on A5A ?

I have ADDIEMS which have a jack which is bit longer than usual. They do not work with some devices. Do you think they will work with A5A ?

Custom EQ is available through the archos default software. There are only 5 bands though. I'm not sure if custom EQ's are available if you were to install another android based software player.

As for ADDIEMS, I have no idea. I don't really know anyone who owns them personally. If you lived in my city I'd let you try it out on my player
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 27, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #47 of 66
ABathingApe, did you know that there is a new firmware v1.4.08 for your device?

Is there an improvement in audio department after updating?

Nov 27, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #48 of 66
Here's the update log:

Archos 5 Internet Tablet

Firmware changes

Version 1.4.08 - November 26th, 2009

1. Video: improve H264-HD playback
  2. Video: improve audio-video synchronisation for certain MKV files
  3. Video: added support for TS files from Freebox
  4. Video: fix seeking for MOV/MP4/M4V files generated by Handbrake
  5. Video: improve MKV subtitle support
  6. Video: allow switching between TXT and DVD subs in MKV files
  7. Video: allow to chose between internal and external subtitles for the same video file
  8. Video: add support for VORBIS in MKV
  9. Video: don't skip audio due to non-supported audio track in case there is another one supported in the file
  10. Web Radio: fix favorites being shared between several users
  11. TV out: fix freeze occurring sometimes when removing the device from DVR Station while Video Recorder is running
  12. TV out: display is now switched back to LCD in case of a crash of Android
  13. TV Snap-on: after exiting the TV application it was impossible to use Archos multmedia applications
  14. Home Screen: some third party widgets took more cells than expected (Widgets must be removed and added again)
  15. Home Screen: Search, Music and Picture Frame widget frames were not well displayed on analog TV
  16. Contacts: fix application crash on long click on contact or on emails addresses
  17. Contacts: In case no third-party application is associated with the "address" field, open google maps using the web browser
  18. Accelerometer: Some third-party applications were not working properly (Accelerometer must be calibrated again, see Device Settings > Sound & display)
  19. System: better accessory detection
  20. System: improve display speed in Archos Multimedia applications
  21. System: fix multimedia center unavailable when setting Archos Multimedia Library manual update
  22. System: fix some issues occurring after opening a Multimedia application while the Archos multimedia update was on-going in background
  23. System: now display a warning message when USB and TV Snap-on are connected at same time
  24. System: don't keep device awake forever when a firmware update is detected while user is away.
  25. System: ADB USB identifier was incorrect
  26. System: device was consuming too much power from USB in ADB and USBnet modes

Nov 27, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #49 of 66
Haha, no I didn't know there was new firmware again. It felt like yesterday that 1.3.0.7 came out. By the change log it doesn't look like much as changed, but I can update on this later.

Nov 28, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #50 of 66
All I really want from the new firmware is the ability to play all version of flash.

Nov 30, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #51 of 66
I heard that A5A has SD card slot. Does it support 16/32 Gb cards?

When you insert SD card, does A5A load songs from it into music library?

Nov 30, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #52 of 66
Quote:

I heard that A5A has SD card slot. Does it support 16/32 Gb cards?

When you insert SD card, does A5A load songs from it into music library?

Good question,........ Does the A5A integrate the contents of the sd card into the library? Or is it viewed as a separate library altogether?

Nov 30, 2009 at 7:54 AM Post #53 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good question,........ Does the A5A integrate the contents of the sd card into the library? Or is it viewed as a separate library altogether?

It is a micro SD card. I don't currently have one inserted but I believe it does SDHC. As well, as for the library it is all one library, or so I've read.

Nov 30, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #54 of 66
@ABathingApe: Thanks for the info, I'll remember if I decide to get the 32gb model in the future (mulling it over ATM,...).

Nov 30, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #55 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ABathingApe: Thanks for the info, I'll remember if I decide to get the 32gb model in the future (mulling it over ATM,...).

I am currently using the 32 GB. The hard drive based versions are twice as thick as well as the noise added from moving parts. If you can live with the reduced storage (500GB is sooo temping for so little more) then it will hopefully serve you as well as it has served me. As with updates with Archos, you can email support and they will try and have your issue fixed in the next firmware.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #56 of 66
Unfortunately I just found out that battery in A5A is not replaceable. It is worth noticing that Dell Streak has removable battery.

Nov 30, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #57 of 66
Quote:

Unfortunately I just found out that battery in A5A is not replaceable. It is worth noticing that Dell Streak has removable battery.

Indeed it is the way it seems manufacturers are going. But as like with ipod classics, you will probably be able to get a kit with an opening tool.

Dec 1, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #58 of 66
Radio shack sells them for 250$ 8Gb.

Dec 13, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #59 of 66
Does anyone know If A5A has better SQ compared to A5 (non-android version) ?

Can A5A drive 70ohm HD25 s ?

Dec 14, 2009 at 12:03 PM Post #60 of 66
Hi there I have the Archos 5 internet media tablet 60Gb non android version. Archos has proprietary Line out connections. I also have an Ipod 4th Gen and an Iphone 3G. I am in the process of purchasing the pico slim when it's built next year for the Iphone/Ipod. In order to get the most out of the expensive pico sllim, I am wondering if anyone knows if there are any LODs for Archos (I don't want to run anything out of my headphone jack)? Or better yet, is anyone willing to do a custom LOD for the Archos 5?

Thanks in advance.

Skoog
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back