Arcam rPAC Review
Dec 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #16 of 24
Thanks for the input and review. 

Dec 6, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:
You're Welcome, please ask if you have any questions. I remember who you are Afro :) I don't remember many people but that AFRO name always keeps with me.

Haha good stuff man. Yeah you are one of the most helpful users here on headfi, your help is always appreciated. 

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #19 of 24
I agree with the review. And feel that this is the most honest review of the product out there. When I first used the Arcam rpac with my HD 650 and Amperior the headphone out left me really disappointed. I found the that sound from my Macbook Air headphone jack was more or less the same and it was hard to spot much difference. Hence after reading the review I decided to use the rpac as a DAC with my Fiio 09K and the difference is like night and day. I personally feel that the rpac shines as a DAC and dont expect too much from the headphone out. Current setup is Macbook Air>rpac>Fiio 09K>Van Dan Hul The name.

Headphones:
Amperior
HD650
AKG K702 

Feb 1, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:
I agree with the review. And feel that this is the most honest review of the product out there. When I first used the Arcam rpac with my HD 650 and Amperior the headphone out left me really disappointed. I found the that sound from my Macbook Air headphone jack was more or less the same and it was hard to spot much difference. Hence after reading the review I decided to use the rpac as a DAC with my Fiio 09K and the difference is like night and day. I personally feel that the rpac shines as a DAC and dont expect too much from the headphone out. Current setup is Macbook Air>rpac>Fiio 09K>Van Dan Hul The name.

Headphones:
Amperior
HD650
AKG K702 

Thank you very much. Each reviewer has his or her own twist on things. What they prefer in sound and what they try to listen for.

I personally found the weakpoint to be the HP out. But features such as a small size, excellent build, easy operation, Asynch USB(useful for some), and just an USB cable needed for power to be what the company is aiming for.

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #21 of 24
Just a quick question. In your review says "It has a 3.5mm headphone jack out front, that will output audio at the same time with your DAC lined out speakers." while official site declares "Simply connect the rPAC to your computer (Windows XP, 7 or Mac OSX - please note Linux is not supported by the rPAC) using the supplied USB cable, then either on to an audio system via a standard RCA lead (also included), or out to headphones."

It wouldn't be the first time official site is wrong, but just to confirm it, the signal goes to both outputs even is there are speakers and headphones connected at the same time? Or connecting phones mutes line out? Or connecting phones destroys rPAC? :D

Thanks,

Sound noob

Feb 15, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #23 of 24
Yet another " sound noob " with a stupid question here...My system consists of HK 6550 amp ( it is equivalent to Roksan Kandy K2 ), Boston Acoustics A25 speakers with Atlas Equator 2.0 cables, that are all notorious for their neutrality and detail.My question is if it is worthy that I buy a good phono/rca cable to connect the Arcam rPac to my amp, and if yes, just how far should I go in terms of cable price ? Thank you for your time - great review.

Feb 15, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:
Yet another " sound noob " with a stupid question here...My system consists of HK 6550 amp ( it is equivalent to Roksan Kandy K2 ), Boston Acoustics A25 speakers with Atlas Equator 2.0 cables, that are all notorious for their neutrality and detail.My question is if it is worthy that I buy a good phono/rca cable to connect the Arcam rPac to my amp, and if yes, just how far should I go in terms of cable price ? Thank you for your time - great review.

Notorious for their neutrality? 
confused.gif

Notorious's general definition is 'being known for' but its secondary definition on being 'unfavorably' known for is what is almost always applied to the word notorious in the American English vernacular 
rolleyes.gif

But no, please don't get any fancy cables at this price point. Not at this price point, not for an un-balanced medium, and not for something that just uses the DAC in this device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back