Arcam musicBOOST for iPhone 6
Jan 30, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #16 of 50
I'm now returning the musicboost as faulty. It would manage about 80% charge on an unused phone with 4g, wifi etc off. It's now stopped working as a charger totally. Quite disappointed!

Jan 30, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #17 of 50
I'm now returning the musicboost as faulty. It would manage about 80% charge on an unused phone with 4g, wifi etc off. It's now stopped working as a charger totally. Quite disappointed!

Wait did you try resetting the device? Just saying I almost had a similar issue but it was only temporary I think it might be a safety feature to protect overcharge that wasn't implemented well. 

1. Reset iPhone please
- Hold Power & Home down until phone resets
2. MusicBoost Reset
- Insert an iPhone6 in the MusicBoost
- Press and hold the battery check button (R/H Side) for about 10 seconds
- MusicBoost will reset

Try that first if you haven't already sent it back, Hope that helps.

Feb 14, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #20 of 50
Would appear the replacement is also a lemon, exact same problem after a week of use.  Have contacted Arcam to see if there is any reason for this but will be going back for a refund if it is faulty.  Not best pleased.

Feb 15, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #21 of 50
  Would appear the replacement is also a lemon, exact same problem after a week of use.  Have contacted Arcam to see if there is any reason for this but will be going back for a refund if it is faulty.  Not best pleased.

No I can't imagine you would be, I hope it may just be a software bug they could iron out with the firmware. Also have you reset you phone since it has happened seems like a stupid thing to say but can be useful as a last ditch effort. Hopefully Arcam will come up with a feesable solution. 

Feb 15, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #22 of 50
Yes tried that to no avail. Given the alarming speed it charged the phone at (double that of Apple wall plug)I'm thinking component failure from operating above rated current. No response from Arcam so it's going back. Thinking Oppo ha-2 although it's not as elegant a solution and more expensive. No reports of them failing unlike the musicboost which has garnered some fairly poor Amazon reviews with a number of problems reported. I've not submitted mine yet either...

Feb 18, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #23 of 50
There are some reports that the musicboost is not compatible with the iPhone 6s, due to 6s being marginally thicker than the 6. Has anyone used the musicboost successfully with a 6s without any issues?

Feb 19, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #26 of 50
I hope so. This seems really neat but I haven't seen enough in it to spend. I have both a 6 and a 6s; I may just opt to get it and see how I like it for the 6, but not if many are faulty?

Feb 20, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #27 of 50
I had some correspondence from the Amazon sellers (analogue seduction) about it. They say that they've had a few back but have sold a load of them so the problems are pretty rare . They maintain I was just unlucky. It does sound very good and is an elegant solution. Maybe try and buy one from a bricks and mortar retailer, saves the hassle of postage in the unlikely event it does develop a fault.

Mar 7, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #28 of 50
Dnun8086 thanks for the info on the music boost reset.
I have had mine for a week now.
So far I love it. 
At 1st I was listening to it with my HD380 pro, just sitting not moving around.
Then I thought I would go for a walk. Thats when it happened.
The sound dropped out of the right ear, I wiggled the jack around & got it back to stereo but then then it went in the left, the it started playing in the phone speaker.
I tried different headphones to no avail same result every time.
but resetting it solved the problem so far.

May 23, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #29 of 50
Greetings All,

Arcam UK will be a Head-Fi insider, hopefully by the end of this week. We won't be answering questions 24/7 or indeed replying with 5 nanoseconds (-: but will be around to offer accurate info and technical help on the MusicBOOST, our DACs and the forthcoming rHEAD Class Headphone amp. We plan a few review tours as well.

Best Regards from Cambridge UK

Robert

May 23, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #30 of 50
Hi all, if you get any odd behaviour with your MusicBOOST try this reset procedure - Otherwise email support @ arcam.co.uk

Arcam MusicBOOST Hard Reset  Procedure as follows..

1.    Remove iPhone from the MusicBoost
2.    Press and hold the battery check button (R/H Side) for about 10 seconds
3.    The LEDs will flash in the following sequence: 
       ON-OFF-OFF-ON / OFF-ON-ON-OFF / ON-OFF-OFF-ON / OFF-ON-ON-OFF / REPEAT
4.    Insert iPhone in the MusicBoost
5.    The LEDs will stop flashing
6.    MusicBoost is now reset

Users who are viewing this thread

Back