APRIL FOOLS! Astell&Kern AK480 Music Player!
Apr 1, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #319 of 395
  Publicity stunt or not, I don't mind.
It is good to see serious companies willing to loosen up from time to time,

I agree.  Stop by the Noble threads sometime and you'll see they stay loose most of the time (I have no affiliation with Noble, I just participate in one or two of their threads)
smile.gif

Apr 1, 2014 at 6:53 PM Post #320 of 395

What's wrong with sponsorship?

Errr, I never said there was anything wrong with sponsorship.

I simply remarked that this thread appeared, to me, to be very clearly a sponsored publicity stunt, rather than a casual head-fier just posting a personal joke.

That's OK - I'm just saying I perceived it as being obviously choreographed, and I'm surprised that it did not appear so obvious to other head-fiers.

Actually, it was the other way around.  A bunch of us wanted to do something for the day, and we came up with that.  We then went to A&K and got their permission to mess with their trademarks and such.  So, orchestrated?  Yes, by us mods.  Sponsored?  Lol, no.

Apr 1, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #321 of 395
So I'm just catching up. This whole thing was an April fools day joke?!? That's just awesome! You totally had me. I thought it was the DAP for the 1%!!!

Apr 1, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #322 of 395
again,from my perspective what is so amazing is that people spoke of wanting to be on a waiting list for a 5000 dollar DAP

Apr 1, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #324 of 395
I just thought it was absurd but knowing the reaction in curious to see when A&K will now announce the real thing :)

Apr 1, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #325 of 395
  again,from my perspective what is so amazing is that people spoke of wanting to be on a waiting list for a 5000 dollar DAP

Was anyone serious about that or was it just another 4/1 prank?

Apr 1, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #326 of 395
Today's prank will be tomorrow's reality! There probably will be an AK480 and it will have those specs, but maybe not at that price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back