APRIL FOOLS! Astell&Kern AK480 Music Player!
Apr 2, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #361 of 395
Sorry to let you guys down.
biggrin.gif

Well done 
biggrin.gif
The lottery and Head-Fi-only were the only things that made me suspicious, everything else wouldn't have been such a surprise given the existence and success of the AK240.

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #362 of 395
Didn't read lol, because i have no temptation for A&K players.
Well, a joke about a good competetive portable player from Sansa, Sony or Samsung would have been a bomb... :p

Apr 2, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #363 of 395
Apr 2, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #364 of 395

Sony NWZ-X1 ? http://www.sony.de/electronics/hd-walkman-digitale-musikplayer/nwz-zx1
It's not in the realms of an AK240, but it's still a true Hi-Fi DAP.

Well yes, the Sony is a beauty and has some nice specs. But that is not what i intended to say, because that is not a product for every wallet. When my cheap sansa clip+ for my flac libary got broken, i recognized that everybody is using their (mostly schlocky sounding) mobile phones, cheap no name mp3 players or highend devices like A&K, Sony, Fiio.
There is no really got product below 150€ / 180$ for mobile loseless listening. I bought a Samsung YP-GI1CW and it is ok, but has some minor problems.
Cheap, good sounding players with mircosd slot for the masses!
atsmile.gif

I don't want to start a discussion...
But i was just a bit clumsy, when i tried to be funny :wink:

Apr 2, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #365 of 395
  Didn't read lol, because i have no temptation for A&K players.
Well, a joke about a good competetive portable player from Sansa, Sony or Samsung would have been a bomb... :p

I think the thing is that the April fools with A&K was funny because it is kind of true, a good bit of satire!

Apr 2, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #366 of 395
I think the thing is that the April fools with A&K was funny because it is kind of true, a good bit of satire!

True it will be more hilarious if they are truly. releasing a 5K DAP at this point.

Imagine, the early adaptors going the extra length convincing everyone else they got the best DAP. While some of those who just got the AK240 raise a protest disgusted their new 2k DAP got instantly obsoleted overnight.

Apr 2, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #367 of 395
True it will be more hilarious if they are truly. releasing a 5K DAP at this point.

Imagine, the early adaptors going the extra length convincing everyone else they got the best DAP. While some of those who just got the AK240 raise a protest disgusted their new 2k DAP got instantly obsoleted overnight.

I like the sound of that line. "instantly obsoleted overnight."

Apr 2, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #369 of 395

Is that the same as 'instantly de-Ultimatised'?

Apr 2, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #370 of 395
Bah, you're only saying all that because you knew it wouldn't pair well with the Apple ibuds.

Apr 2, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #374 of 395
I think the term is "planned obsolescence."

Apr 2, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #375 of 395
Here's another term:

'Exploited Gullibility'

It's worked very well for A&K so far - the AK480 AF joke was just the icing on an already sickly cake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back