April 2011 Giveaway - Phiaton PS500 headphones
Apr 3, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #31 of 59
I want them for the same reason as everybody else wants them (and everyone knows its true), which is to say that I am hopelessly addicted to new gear. And obviously any reply other than that comical or otherwise is really saying the same thing. I should be rewarded for my honesty (also my pseudo mind-reading abilities).

Apr 3, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #32 of 59
well, im entering because im not going to win : )
that  being said, i believe i should get them because im a thundercat, and i only own a single pair of grado sr80 (not "I", dont know if thats good or bad, but i like em!) and a JDS CmoyBB. . . and i can already tell, im going to enjoy this hobby!

Apr 3, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #34 of 59

Quote:
At the beginning of the year, my headphone collection was as follows: Grado SR-80, Klipsch X-10, Etymotic MC-5, Ultimate Ears Metro-Fi 100 & JVC Air Cushions (HA-FX66) and with that, I was a happy man! And then, the unthinkable happened....

During a spell of bad weather during a stint of field work at the beginning of the year, I loaned the Ultimate Ears to a friend who wanted to watch a movie. The headphones have since vanished... :frowning2:

My sister broke the Koss PortaPro set that I had loaned to her a couple of years ago. Seeing as she loved the sound signature, and didn't want to spend time going through headphones again, she 'acquired' my pair of SR-80 one day, when I was off doing field work. No matter though: I still had headphones to spare!

Then, both of my parents realized that IEMs provide substantial noise canceling on airplane flights without having to worry about batteries, as they do with their pairs of Bose Quiet Comfort II, as well as easing the change of pressure that comes with altitude changes. They have since borrowed my Klipsch X-10 and Etymotic MC-5 for 'indefinite periods of time'.

One would imagine that I could still survive comfortably well on a pair of humble, but good-for-value pair of JVC Air Cushions, but for some reason, my dog decided that his regular chew toys were not substantial ways to pass time, and decided to test the physical strength of the JVCs, thus leaving me with a severe lack of headphones.

I need headphones bad!!!

Man, I wish I had a good extra pr to send You, 
redface.gif
 sound's like the snowball effect!  
frown.gif
 He's got My vote! 
L3000.gif

Apr 3, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #35 of 59
I'll give it a try >:)
Well, I only have a main IEM which is the Westone 4 and absolutely no headphones atm. As a high-school student, I'm short on the $.
Not a good enough reason, but that'll do!

Apr 3, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #41 of 59
I would like these phones as I am still fairly new to the head-fi scene and would like to get as much exposure to as many different cans SQ as I can. Honestly I will probably give these a listen, and if they are not for me I will try to pass them onto a similar minded head-fier. If these end up fitting me better than my K81s, I may part with those to some lucky head-fier(if I can emotionally swing it ;D )

To be honest, I have never read anything about these phones so I truly do not know if they are for me. By the photo in the OP they do look mighty nice.

Apr 4, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #42 of 59
I have both a funny reason and a sad reason, im currently headphoneless

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/516713/lost-almost-all-my-gear-in-a-fire-salutes-my-journey

Lost nearly all my gear in October in a nasty disaster.  Nobody was hurt thankfully.  I'd love to start rebuilding my collection.   A ps500 would be an awesome start to my audio journey again.  But the real reason should be because today is totally my birthday lol :p

BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT REASON I SHOULD WIN IS BECAUSE MY CAT LISTENS TO HEADPHONES AND HAS NOT HAD A GOOD SET OF HEADPHONES SINCE SHE AND I LOST ALL THAT GEAR.  SHE IS TERRIBLY SAD :3   SHE MOPES AROUND all day deeply saddened by the loss of her favorite play toys, which were my headphones.  she became PHIATON cat, she loved my ms400s but I had to resell them to feed her.  So, she deserves to a ps500 to play with :3  

HOW DO YOU DENY THIS FACE?! HOW, sir? lol

she needs a ps500 to make her happy again, she cried for days after we lost the ms400  

We tried the Denon D1100 but this was the result.  That is the face she made the entire time :3  

Apr 8, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #43 of 59
I picked a winner who has been PM'd and has 24 hours from now to respond. If he doesn't respond for any reason, I'll select a runner-up.

The winner will be announced if/when he responds.

Apr 8, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #45 of 59
The winner is appophylite (who's responded to my PM), selected because I thought his entry was sad yet funny too, and he made a persuasive case for himself.
wink.gif

I also liked WNBC's and swbf2cheater's entries too btw, they made me actually laugh out loud. They would've been runners-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back