Apr/May/Jun 07 Partial Giveaway - Arcam DiVA CD73
Apr 1, 2007 at 8:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 195

Asr

Headphoneus Supremus
5/7 - this giveaway is now closed - winner was selected!

This is for real - not an April Fool's!

Since I originally promised monthly giveaways but didn't exactly have enough funds to do one for March, April, and May, this one is a combined one instead (January's was for a Koss KSC 75, February's for the Blue Jeans LC-1.) 4-10-07 update: because of the new scope I'm giving this giveaway, this is now also including June so there won't be a separate giveaway for June and the next will be in July!

The Arcam DiVA CD73 has been a very special component to me. It's made me laugh, cry, weep, and jump for joy (literally). Giving up this CDP will almost be like losing a special friend - it was my first introduction to high-end audio and it's given me many special moments with my CD collection. I'm definitely going to miss it.

This is not a free giveaway (hence the "partial" on it) - everyone who enters must be willing to give up a CD - a favorite, in fact. I'm giving up my favorite CDP that I've bonded with since June last year, so whoever enters must also give up one of their favorite CDs. (Hence this giveaway obviously excludes those who don't listen to CDs.) Think of it this way - for the cost of sending me 1 CD, you get a very nice CDP!
smily_headphones1.gif

Terms:
1 - Entry submission time will run from the 1st of the month (today) through 5-3-07.
2 - There are no restrictions on join date apart from the obvious one of not being open to anyone with a join date of Apr 07 or later.
3 - All entrants must have at least 20 posts by time of posting in this thread (I'll be checking), and a filled-in sig or profile. (Will be disqualifying anyone who does not have at least one of the two filled out.)
4 - Open to residents of any country on the planet that UPS or FedEx ships to, that uses U.S. voltage (120V). There will be no exceptions for Head-Fiers who own voltage-adjusting equipment in a non-U.S.-voltage country.
5 - This is not open to any winners of previous Head-Fi giveaways, either mine or others' (I have a compiled list of names so please don't waste your time).
6 - Winners of other simultaneous giveaways until the closing date (like smeggy's current one for the Koss A250) will be removed from consideration as they win, to prevent anyone from winning more than one item on Head-Fi. Also, the more you enter into other giveaways, the more your chances of being selected go down.

5/5 - entries no longer being accepted
(1) Post a reply to this thread with "I want a DiVA!" at the top of the message field (not in the title line), without the quotes, on a line by itself. Posts that do not follow this rule (or the case-sensitivity!) will be disqualified without notice.
(2) Post one of your all-time favorite CDs right below that line in "Artist - Title" format. This CD must be one that you're willing to give up in exchange for the CDP. Please don't just pick a random CD from your collection either.

This giveaway is closing at the end of Saturday, May 5 for the final subjective deliberations for the recipient who will be announced on 5-7! CDP will ship out on 5-14! (Preference will be given to those who'd be graduating from a lower-level source.)

FYI: this is the last giveaway of a component from my own system! Future giveaways will not be for any components that I own.

Apr 1, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #3 of 195
I want a DiVA!

Vienna Teng- Dreaming through the noise

vienna_teng.jpg

Apr 1, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #4 of 195
I want a DiVA!
Switchfoot - Nothing is Sound

Apr 1, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #7 of 195
I want a DiVA!
Patricia Barber-Constantinople

Apr 1, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #9 of 195
I want a DiVA!