Apr/May/Jun 07 Partial Giveaway - Arcam DiVA CD73
Apr 10, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #109 of 195
Wow, Asr your generosity is insane, but a little conditional.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm kinda bummed by no. 4, I'm out. Guess there's always the 'fabled' A250.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 10, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #110 of 195
Ok I'll just fess up to it now, a huge reason for posting this giveaway was to weed out the Head-Fiers interested in a source upgrade! (Hence the expansion to June now too, see the updated original post.) A third Head-Fier has been removed from consideration and will now be receiving a different source (still an upgrade) shortly! Mysterious package coming his way! Do I dare go on?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by splaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, Asr your generosity is insane, but a little conditional.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm kinda bummed by no. 4, I'm out. Guess there's always the 'fabled' A250.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry about that, but IMO it's not really fair to give consideration to someone in a non-U.S.-voltage country who happens to own the necessary equipment over everyone else who's in a U.S.-voltage country already. The CDP has a voltage selector switch of course, but since the CDP was bought for use in U.S. voltage and was supplied with the appropriate power cord for such usage, I think it's only fair to limit to U.S.-voltage countries.

Apr 11, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #111 of 195
I'm officially going off the deep end into the abyss - a fourth Head-Fier has been removed from consideration and will now be receiving a different source upgrade! Another mysterious package being sent off!

Ah well, 'tis the season for getting stuff for other people where I would otherwise be using my resources to get stuff for myself!
tongue.gif

All four mysterious packages are expected to hit their recipients by next week btw!
smily_headphones1.gif

From the post below this post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnywolfet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow Asr, stealth giveaways, nice!
just wondering... do said recipients know that they are getting these 'mystery packages'?

Two of them do, because I had to ask them directly for their addresses or phone #s. Oh the joys of feedback threads!
smily_headphones1.gif
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 11, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #112 of 195
wow Asr, stealth giveaways, nice!
just wondering... do said recipients know that they are getting these 'mystery packages'?

From the post above this post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From the post below this post:

Two of them do, because I had to ask them directly for their addresses or phone #s. Oh the joys of feedback threads!
smily_headphones1.gif
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif

interesting...

Apr 11, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #113 of 195
I want a DiVA!

I'd send "Tearing Sky" by Piers Faccini, it's easily the best sounding CD in my collection and has to be heard to be believed. A CDP of my own would be great for when I leave home, and leave most of my equipment behind.

piersfaccini.jpg

Apr 13, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #117 of 195
A fifth Head-Fier has now been removed from consideration to receive a different source upgrade. Mysterious package coming his way. Muahaha.

If fortune is kind to me, there will be a sixth Head-Fier removed from consideration too. We shall just have to see.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 13, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #118 of 195
Asr - did you like, win the lottery or something? I never cease to be surprised by this site.

Congrats to all the lucky recipients, make sure you all say thank you nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back