Apr/May/Jun 07 Partial Giveaway - Arcam DiVA CD73
May 1, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #166 of 195
I want a DiVA!
Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News

May 1, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #168 of 195
I want a DiVA!
Glenn Gould - A State of Wonder: The Complete Goldberg Variations (1955 & 1981)

Audio CD (September 3, 2002)
Number of Discs: 3
Label: Sony

"Glenn Gould—A State Of Wonder in celebration of the 70th anniversary of his birth. A deluxe 3-CD set this collection features Gould's legendary 1955 Goldberg Variations recording coupled for the first time with a remastered version of his 1981 recording of the same work. The remastering of the '81 Goldbergs was done using the original analogue tapes for unprecedented, pristine sound. The third disc features an intimate discussion with journalist Tim Page and rare studio outtakes from Gould's 1955 recording session."

StateOf-Wonder_cover.jpg

May 4, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #175 of 195
Not sure if I qualify.... if the DiVA would be considered a step up from my modded entech / panasonic DVD setup. I'll let you be the judge Asr 8^)

I want a DiVA!
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood

May 5, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #176 of 195
I want a DIVA!!!!!
Bohemian Raphsody - QUEEN

May 7, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #178 of 195
<Insert sound of drumroll here>

With more than a month for entry time and hence so many entries, this came down to a really hard decision. I mean really hard. The kind that makes you toss and turn at night.

I was really eager to see what kind of Head-Fiers this giveaway would turn out, and I'm happy to report that most people who entered wound up being deserving of a source upgrade, but of course I only have this one to give away, which is the reason I did 5 stealth giveaways along the way.

That said, it was a tough decision going in. There were four finalists on my short-list, each with his own reason to sway me. But in the end, among the four there's only one who I'd unequivocally give up my favorite CDP to - because ultimately, it has to go to someone my conscience can rest with, someone deserving enough, and ideally, a really great Head-Fier all around, because this is Head-Fi, and in the spirit of Head-Fi, someone who invests his or her own time, effort, and energy into the community.

That, my friends, is why I've decided on one very deserving Head-Fier who will very soon be receiving this CDP. Shall I name him? Well, in the interest of doing a final stealth giveaway, I'd prefer not to! I will give you guys one clue though: he entered on page 2!

The winner will receive the CDP next week in completely stealthy tradition!
biggrin.gif

May 7, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #179 of 195
I hope its Nate... after getting scammed out of $250 for an NAD CD deck. He deserves it IMHO

Congratulations to the winner!! you all deserve it, but of course there can only be one winner.
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #180 of 195
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
<Insert sound of drumroll here>

(edit)

he entered on page 2!

The winner will receive the CDP next week in completely stealthy tradition!
biggrin.gif

Would that be between post #21 and #41, inclusive?

Regardless, congrats to the lucky winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back