Apple's New Shuffle Ipod sounds great
Mar 20, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #16 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ my thoughts exactly
confused.gif
there is no question that you need to be answered.

Maybe he wanted his impression to be read and responded to by someone or maye he was immensely bored.

Mar 20, 2009 at 1:05 PM Post #17 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by ernieBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have never been a fan of the original nano and this design is not going to convert me anytime soon. However, I am not going to bash it just because Apple made it and I own a clip. Let us not turn this into another "apple vs the rest" thread.

Now, could the OP explain to me what an even soundstage is?!
wink.gif

What I mean to me the entire sound stage sounds right everything is in its place for a portable player this is great

Mar 20, 2009 at 1:10 PM Post #18 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arainach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you factor in $30 for a headphone adapter to use the Shuffle, half the price becomes $55, which isn't that tough to find at all.

I paid $79.00 plus $11.00 for extended warranty for a total of $90.00 and for the sound I am getting out of this little player I would not hesitate going out and buying it again today. Even with out contors for my shure SE-530.

Mar 20, 2009 at 1:13 PM Post #19 of 46
Quote:

^^ my thoughts exactly
confused.gif
there is no question that you need to be answered.

I started to answer a question that was not directed to me so backed up and
bump out.

Mar 20, 2009 at 1:20 PM Post #20 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericwatson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I paid $79.00 plus $11.00 for extended warranty for a total of $90.00 and for the sound I am getting out of this little player I would not hesitate going out and buying it again today. Even with out contors for my shure SE-530.

You still need to buy a adpater for the controls thats coming later... and could be i hope just $9.99 :p But somehow i dont think so.

Mar 20, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #21 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericwatson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I started to answer a question that was not directed to me so backed up and
bump out.

ahh no problem. I think by the time you have it all set up with a new adapter its gonna be well over $100 which seems a bit rich considering what else you could get for that sort of money

Mar 20, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #22 of 46
Quote:

ahh no problem. I think by the time you have it all set up with a new adapter its gonna be well over $100 which seems a bit rich considering what else you could get for that sort of money

But the size of this little guy is just wright and hell I spent more for a LOD
from audio line out.

Mar 20, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #23 of 46
I agree with the op on the sound quality. I can't describe exactly how it sounds compared to the 1st gen shuffle due to the volume control obstacle on the 3g, but the awful hiss of the 2nd gen is gone, and it seems a lot more clean.

Mar 20, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #25 of 46
I bet someone can open up the volume control and make an adapter.

Mar 21, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #26 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Earwax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are any of you using the voice-over navigation? How well does it work?

the voice over actually works pretty good press and hold once and it comes on
also alerts you of low battery

Mar 21, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #27 of 46
Yeah it better sound good, seems overpriced.

Mar 21, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #28 of 46
Quote:

also alerts you of low battery

so, if you dont have earphones plugged you cant see (errr..hear) any alert.
does this thing even has a led ?
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #29 of 46
Yes, actually it does. Mine arrived last week, and while people only seem concerned with opinions from those who haven't tried it, let me try to leave some impressions. For my applications I really like it. I have been using it more than any other ipod I have owned only because it is so simple to take with me. I have a bag that goes with me just about everywhere- gym, work, hiking. It would never protect a nice rig but I just toss this thing in there. I use the shuffle at the gym, switch to a nice jazz mix when I walk home. I keep some full albums on it, all very easy to navigate to with voiceover. The SQ is very good, even with the stock buds. Again, this thing is not designed to compete with your imod. Its a gym/ active use portable. You are in the wrong thread if you think it should be anything else. Been using it all week off one charge. I am happy with it. I have some nicer phones on the way that I got for this and my iPhone, but by no means are the apple buds as painless as everyone says. Too be honest I have never used them (ibuds) before this ipod, and expected them to be worse. The remote pod works very well and is seamless within seconds of trying it. For me it is a huge bonus, that it plays Apple Lossless, AAC, and MP3.

Mar 21, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #30 of 46
The ibuds arent as bad as people make them out to be. But you can get yuin PK3 for the same price. The PK3 is so much better. You'll be completely blown away by its SQ. People in my class actually keep asking me if they can listen to my PK3s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back