Apple's New Shuffle Ipod sounds great
Mar 19, 2009 at 9:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

ericwatson

100+ Head-Fier
Apple's New Shuffle Ipod sounds great and I am pairing it with a pair of shure
SE-530 all I had to do is put the I-buds in and adjust the volume and turn it off
and plug the shure headphones in and turn back on and I've been listening
all day for about ten hours so far and to me it sounds better than my Ipod classic 80 gig. I am very pleased with the sound can't wait for someone to make a headphone control adapter and I will be set this will be my new portable rig.

Mar 19, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #2 of 46
can you describe the sound in depth? let me guess it sounds clearer? less bass? more even.

Mar 19, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #3 of 46
the Clip sounds better for half the price!

Mar 19, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #5 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have you listened to the new iPod shuffle? and compared it?

Mar 20, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #7 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericwatson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would say it sounds more enjoyable hours pass by and you just want to keep listening
sound stage is even thru out it is just a great little sounding player thats not fatigue.

What?

Mar 20, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #8 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You found a place that sells the 4GB Clip for $39? The Apple bashing here is already getting pretty damn annoying here.

Mar 20, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #9 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by stacey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You found a place that sells the 4GB Clip for $39? The Apple bashing here is already getting pretty damn annoying here.

my house mate just picked up the 8gb clip for $50 at Wal-Mart. Check your local Wal-Mart.

Mar 20, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #10 of 46
the question was more about this: has the apple basher even heard the shuffle? also, these companies are not really sold outside the usa and canada unless in import and the prices then are often quite a bit higher.

the truth is this: no one knows really how the shuffle sounds as we have only this report above. does it hiss? how bad is the thd and noise to signal level, bass rolloff? we will find out.

the clip may be better for a few things and sound great, but no one knows yet anything really about the shuffle. it of course has a much smaller chasis than the clip and is metal versus environment polluting plastic.

i am not expecting the excellent shuffle 1g to return but many people would be happy to have a decent shuffle return no matter that other poeple think you should bow down to the plastic clip

Mar 20, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #11 of 46
I have never been a fan of the original nano and this design is not going to convert me anytime soon. However, I am not going to bash it just because Apple made it and I own a clip. Let us not turn this into another "apple vs the rest" thread.

Now, could the OP explain to me what an even soundstage is?!
wink.gif

Mar 20, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #12 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by stacey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When you factor in $30 for a headphone adapter to use the Shuffle, half the price becomes $55, which isn't that tough to find at all.

Mar 20, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #13 of 46
Ohhhhh, someone struck a nerve...lol

Wheres MS with a Zune Clip???

Mar 20, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #15 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why on Earth are you bumping?
confused.gif

^^ my thoughts exactly
confused.gif
there is no question that you need to be answered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back