Apple's incredible arrogance
Oct 22, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #46 of 81
You people do know that Microsoft owns part of apple right.

Oct 22, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #48 of 81
thnakfully other options exist, I dotn want to have itunes in my computers, is probably ytht ****tiest musis software to have in a PC, I remmeber when I had it, copying music into the iPoo would end up in the wholse system frozen meanwhile is was copying. and it is not an old computer, is my gamer computer.

foobar > iDop, cant get more simple than that. and Im waiting for rockbox to be stable in the classic.

all this because my zune died on me (after 3 times the period of time any ipod I have) 
frown.gif

Oct 22, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #49 of 81

Quote:
Windows has come a long way in terms of virus resistance, you pretty much have to invite the virus in to get infected.
So as long as you have the most basic antivirus and think before you click, you'll be fine, I haven't had a virus in 8 years.

You haven't had a "virus" you were aware of. More to the point, you don't need to have a virus anymore. The "you" is out there all over the place.  Facebook is probably a worse threat to your personal finances than 99.99% of viruses.

Oct 22, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #50 of 81

Quote:
You haven't had a "virus" you were aware of. More to the point, you don't need to have a virus anymore. The "you" is out there all over the place.  Facebook is probably a worse threat to your personal finances than 99.99% of viruses.

I don't use facebook and I'm a computer technician, I know if anything is amiss.

Oct 22, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #51 of 81
that's true and THAT is why i run a virus scan every single time i do..which reminds me..virus scan time

:D LOL

thnakfully other options exist, I dotn want to have itunes in my computers, is probably ytht ****tiest musis software to have in a PC, I remmeber when I had it, copying music into the iPoo would end up in the wholse system frozen meanwhile is was copying. and it is not an old computer, is my gamer computer.

foobar > iDop, cant get more simple than that. and Im waiting for rockbox to be stable in the classic.

all this because my zune died on me (after 3 times the period of time any ipod I have) 
frown.gif

Foo_dop is great - it works better than itunes in many respects. I use Foobar with foo_dop and airfoil on my macbook, which works at treat. I still have itunes installed because my better half prefers the itunes interface, simply because she has used it longer.

Oct 23, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #53 of 81
I personally really enjoy the TV ads where they explain you that you're a complete retard if you don't own an iphone(on which they make a 2 figures markup) and their other TV ads where they explain you that you're a dumb sheep that needs to "think different" and give them all your money pronto. They use sect brainwashing techniques and it does work, it even makes ppl pay $1 a pop for lossy music files on which they barely own a listening licence.

Oct 23, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #54 of 81

Quote:
I personally really enjoy the TV ads where they explain you that you're a complete retard if you don't own an iphone(on which they make a 2 figures markup) and their other TV ads where they explain you that you're a dumb sheep that needs to "think different" and give them all your money pronto. They use sect brainwashing techniques and it does work, it even makes ppl pay $1 a pop for lossy music files on which they barely own a listening licence.

Beware, the victims of this manipulation will drag in to an ally and shoot you if you don't keep quiet.

Oct 23, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #55 of 81

Quote:

You're right, you're a genius because you figured out that marketing was a lie, because, Google is your best friend in the whole world. Google isn't trying to make a cent off you, of course. And neither is MS, and neither company would ever manipulate anyone or happily take their money.

These folks crack me up who think they just stumbled onto something miraculous that no one else in the world understands, that gasp, we're being manipulated by TV and corporations. And they got this from what, watching TV? Even funnier. I figured that out a long time ago bud, which is why I don't have cable and haven't watched a TV show in over 6 years... My enjoyment of iOS came after I tried Android, which was pure crap compared to iOS.

Oct 23, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #56 of 81

You're right, you're a genius because you figured out that marketing was a lie, because, Google is your best friend in the whole world. Google isn't trying to make a cent off you.

What does that have to do w/ anything? Google are just like Apple, but at least they don't give you the "think different" brainwashing.

Oct 23, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #57 of 81
Step right up
Please allow thirty days for delivery, don't be fooled by cheap imitations
You can live in it, live in it, laugh in it, love in it
Swim in it, sleep in it,
Live in it, swim in it, laugh in it, love in it
Removes embarrassing stains from contour sheets, that's right
And it entertains visiting relatives, it turns a sandwich into a banquet
Tired of being the life of the party?
Change your shorts, change your life, change your life
Change into a nine-year-old Hindu boy, get rid of your wife,
And it walks your dog, and it doubles on sax
Doubles on sax, you can jump back Jack, see you later alligator
See you later alligator
And it steals your car
It gets rid of your gambling debts, it quits smoking
It's a friend, and it's a companion,
And it's the only product you will ever need

Oct 23, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #58 of 81

Quote:

What does that have to do w/ anything? Google are just like Apple, but at least they don't give you the "think different" brainwashing.

I'd rather that than the you'll-be-happier-and-be-surrounded-by-scantily-clad-women routine that 99% of companies push.

I guess my point is, if you have a reaction to advertising that is anything but pure indifference, you got manipulated. Once you realize that, you understand there is no way to avoid being manipulated except through avoidance.

Oct 23, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #60 of 81
It was never my intention to have this sort of 'I hate Apple' crap dragged out from under the usual rocks - I am as angry with Micro$oft as Apple. Its all a case of 'treat the consumer like crap because this is computing - if you dont like it, install Linux and spend the rest of your life learning a new OS. The sad part is that I would gladly do that if this wasn't a customer's laptop - caught between a rock and a hard place. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back