Apple Music, Tidal and The AK SP1000 & Stream Poll

To Stream or Not to Stream - What do you do?

• I Stream Baby and Love it!

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I Buy Baby - I want to feel that Vinyl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Stream and Buy Baby - I do it Every Which Way

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 6, 2018 at 6:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

SoundBytes

100+ Head-Fier
Ok,

I have been wanting to stream Apple Music to my AK SP1000 and my only option for streaming with this device is to subscribe to Tidal. So I put Tidal on all my Apple devices to keep everything synced. The Tidal app is not as well built as Apples now newer app. And many of you won’t believe this but doing a side by side comparison with a wired connection, on Apple TV, Apple Music sounds better! Not sure if Apple chose to dull other music streaming apps but when you compare Tidal HIFI to Apple Music, the soundstage is so much larger with Apple Music. It’s really something, So I will get to the point:

- Love the Apple Music App and better sound via Apple TV wired connection and good speakers - Tidal HIFI on cans kills Apple Music

- Love my very expensive portable rig and insanely expensive cables, cans, and IEMs. Tidal HIFI sounds awesome on the SP1000.

- APPLE music is $10/mo (and 3 mos free) compared to Tidal at $20/mo (one month free)

Obviously despite the Apple app, I will pay the $20/mo for Tidal because of my portable rig.

1. I would not be able to use my portable rig to stream anything, unless someone tells me how. I’ve tried AK Connect and it sucks. Can download files to my iPad but an error says AKConnect cannot play the file. Could it be because the file is in apple format? (and for some reason my near $4K device cannot play it when it should play every file ever created or even imagined for that price) or is it the AK Connect app sucking. I think it might be the latter...

So I am fairly sure I only have this option to stream on the SP1000 but it has to be Tidal - you all can tell me otherwise. I speaking with AK they mentioned how involved it is to put other streaming services on AK devices, I get it, I just hate being pigeon-holed into 1 service spending this kind of coin on a portable rig. But maybe it will change in the future with an update...one can wish right.

2. And the second topic here is the ongoing conversation of do you pay and stream till you die? (as the Tidal lossless is phenomenal) - I did a test between the same music streaming and FLACs I had on the player. Played both could not tell a difference with CD Quality. Now DSD maybe better but need more testing on that. OR, Do you buy all your music?, which will get expensive over the next 30 years but does probably give more money to artists. However, you need to manage all that storage and eventually take music off your device and load other music to manage it all.

So what do you do, TO STREAM OR NOT TO STREAM OR BOTH! Let’s vote on it ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back