Apple Music... Seriously?
May 30, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #336 of 360
You are always getting 16/44.1 from the AirPort Express optical output, whether you're feeding it 320k or 24/192. I think it's an awesome wireless means to play iTunes library through my home theatre. I also have a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD  USB to SPDIF converter between laptop and pre/pro, which outputs up to 24/96 to pre/pro, It sounds better, that's to say more detailed on more complex music, if such music was originally produced at 24/96. It's all good.

Jun 10, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #337 of 360
I thought I was the only one, thank god thats not the case.

Apple Music sounds superior to Spotify to my ears.
Even in my Mazda with standard speaker setup I can tell a huge difference..

Jun 11, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #338 of 360
Hello All, it all came down to Bluetooth vs AirPlay. AirPlay sound totally different than Bluetooth for Internet music listening. I'm happy with the Airport express purchase.

Jun 11, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #339 of 360
Hello All, it all came down to Bluetooth vs AirPlay. AirPlay sound totally different than Bluetooth for Internet music listening. I'm happy with the Airport express purchase.

it would be perfect if it didn't have such latency to where you can't use it for synced audio and video for example as computer speakers for youtube videos, skype calls, etc.  If they could reduce the latency to something reasonable I would be all in.

Jul 7, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #340 of 360
Am I the only one feeling this? Apple music in Android sounds little bit better with the same file through other players

I purchased some songs through itunes which I can play either through Apple Music's My Music or any other 3rd party players

To me Apple Music sounds bit cleaner and better than other players

Jul 7, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #341 of 360
Am I the only one feeling this? Apple music in Android sounds little bit better with the same file through other players

I purchased some songs through itunes which I can play either through Apple Music's My Music or any other 3rd party players

To me Apple Music sounds bit cleaner and better than other players

Its apple, they are probably doing some EQ and not telling you about it.

Jul 8, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #342 of 360
Yeah that's it, they're probably doing some EQ and not telling anybody. I frankly don't have a clue what they're doing but I can not distinguish between what I've downloaded from iTunes and the same material on SACD. This means  I do not buy SACDs anymore or much from HDtracks , since I can't see the point of having to pay about eight dollars more for an album than I would need to spend on an album from iTunes; plus, I can buy singles from iTunes which is rarely possible with HDtracks.

Jul 8, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #343 of 360

it would be perfect if it didn't have such latency to where you can't use it for synced audio and video for example as computer speakers for youtube videos, skype calls, etc.  If they could reduce the latency to something reasonable I would be all in. I I​

I'm not sure I understand what you are alluding to. You can certainly play iTunes on computer speakers by simply switching from AirPort Express to Computer Speakers by clicking on AirPort Express icon and then click to desired output, computer speakers or AirPort Express.

Jul 8, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #344 of 360
  I'm not sure I understand what you are alluding to. You can certainly play iTunes on computer speakers by simply switching from AirPort Express to Computer Speakers by clicking on AirPort Express icon and then click to desired output, computer speakers or AirPort Express.

yeah never mind... you probably don't use them for things like skype calls or anything requiring synced audio and video to anything better then a half second.

Oct 23, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #345 of 360
Hi.

I tried Apple Music last winter when it was released for Android.
It didn't have the option of playing locally stored music (ALAC from SD card) then.
Does anyone know if this function has been added?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back