Apple Music... Seriously?
Feb 6, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #316 of 360
  Guys I would try this apple music.
Can someone tell me when will end the offer to try it for free for 3 months?

I'm pretty sure it's still available - just go into the music app on your iPhone, and you should see an offer to try for free for 3 months (it'll bill your Apple iTunes account). Just remember to note the expiration date on your calendar to cancel if you don't want to pay, as it will auto-renew and start charging you after the 3 months...

Also before you do, read up a bit on some of the stories of people losing their music library first. I haven't kept up to date, but when it first came out last fall, a lot of people had their iTunes libraries disappear, and was really tough to get back.

Apr 29, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #317 of 360
Reviving this thread, but I'm doing some back and forth testing, and it is pretty clear to me Apple Music seems to sound a lot better than Spotify (on max quality)

Will report back after I get some more time to listen tomorrow if anyone's interested

Apr 29, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #319 of 360
"Sounds best" is incredibly subjective, and after test after test you are far more likely to hear a difference between releases of the same album then you are to hear differences between formats from the same mix.

Of course without accurate release information finding the best one can be really annoying. I found tidal to have both fantastic and horrible super re re re mixed versions of many albums with differences clear as night and day, with old material suffering the worst. RIP sweet masters.

Apr 29, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #320 of 360
Have used Qobuz since launched and have been using Tidal for the last year. Have to say ITunes's Music is fine for me. Depends on ones listening environment. When at home chilling out i listen to vinyl and Cd's but in fairness iTunes's is perfect for on the go. 

May 11, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #323 of 360
Though I enjoy Apple hardware a good bit "Applemusic" in NOT your friend.
AT ALL.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-pinkstone/apple-stole-my-music-no-s_b_9873638.html

if you read it until the end it is clear that what happened here isn't supposed to. I still have all my original music in my hard drive. If I want to access it via Apple Music though it will send a compressed version to my devices via the cloud. For example o have a 'hi res' version of hotel California. I prefer this version to the Apple one (which is the cd version) because the master is better in my opinion. So I have uploaded my 'hi res' version to my Apple Music cloud and I can access a compressed version on all my devices, I can also access apples own version.
The compressed version sounds identical to the full fat version because apples AAC compression is brilliant.
If I wanted to listen to the full fat lossless version then I can do with my Mac via I tunes just like I did before I had Apple Music. I don't do this because the 256 AAC version that I can stream to my phone and AirPlay to my airport >dac1>HD800S sounds identical so it's a win win. Convenience and perfect sound .

May 11, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #324 of 360
"if you read it until the end it is clear that what happened here isn't supposed to"

Famous last words 
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back